So I have a Fluke IR Flex camera that would not power up

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So I have a Fluke IR Flex camera that would not power up one day. We weren’t sure why, it had worked flawlessly for years but this time it would not come on no matter what we did.

Too busy to worry about it we just put it aside until yesterday when I called Fluke about repair.

I spoke with the desk and they quoted me $2,000.00 to repair and calibrate that particular model. :eekk:
I laughed and told her WOW, I’d need to think about it, not sure if purchasing a new one were the better choice or repairing this 6-year old model.

She then asked if I wanted to talk to a service technician which I said sure. I gave the service tech the history of the camera and the problem. He asked if I had tried the master reset, which I didn’t even know there was one. He told me where it was located and to use a paperclip to poke in the hole to reset.

I tried it and still nothing but then I remembered it had sat for a while and tired a fully charged battery from another camera. She booted right up! Saved 2K!!! :biggrin:

Anyway I’m posting this just in case your IR camera has an issue and doesn’t come on. I have the tool (a paperclip) and experience to fix your camera and I’ll do it for half of what Fluke will charge you! :pig: :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I told you I'd do it for half.

Saves you 1K, that's a deal! :p

Ok at the risk of me making millions as tech support I'll share with you the fix. See that tiny hole left of the USB port. Use a paperclip and poke in there. It resets and you're back up and running.

Tech support thought maybe an electrostatic discharge had taken place shutting the unit down. ????

2014-09-09_13-05-42_810_zpsc4be24ea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom