So I have a question

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Greg,

I am a new guy here and in the carpet business and I have just been trying to read and follow everything I can. I try to get on here everyday so I can see what is going on from a day to day basis. I try to ask lots of questions and everyone has been pretty nice about it. Even when I ask stupid questions or things that have already been discussed they dont bash on me too bad haha. They have been able to point me to a lot of good things. The search feature is pretty nice too, I usually try to search things out before I go asking more questions. There are a lot of inside jokes and things going on that I dont understand. A few I think I understand know and I am starting to know who people are as well. I can tell who is a dick and who is just here to help :)

Send him this way.

Mikey P

Administrator
there you go Greg.

Lots of new/rookie cleaners have joined in here in their early days of business. Most got great head starts if they had any wits about them.

Greg please don't use your experience of running a coupon porty hack company blow this guy's chance of getting access to hundreds of free business coaches.

Not to be insulting, but the "who makes the the best chemicals" question you already asked shows me that you are probably not the best guy to go to for equipment and method advice. I'm sure you can help get this guy's phone to ring but leave the techy nerd stuff to this brain trust.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
there you go Greg.
Lots of new/rookie cleaners have joined in here in their early days of business. Most got great head starts if they had any wits about them.
Greg please don't use your experience of running a coupon porty hack company blow this guy's chance of getting access to hundreds of free business coaches.
Not to be insulting, but the "who makes the the best chemicals" question you already asked shows me that you are probably not the best guy to go to for equipment and method advice. I'm sure you can help get this guy's phone to ring but leave the techy nerd stuff to this brain trust.
guess you didnt see the part where I repeatedly said- WHAT product - NOT who.
Yes- making the phone ring will be easy. I've been out of the carpet cleaning game for a year now. And the products that we sold our contractors were mid-grade at best.....
I can make a phone call (and now will) to a couple of my old guys but was giving you guys an opportunity to shine and share a wealth of knowledge.
BUT ego - got in the way and you've taken shots at me.
AND expect i'd send my friend this way? hardly.........

I'm actually doing this project out of the kindness of my heart (free of charge) and am 90% through the business plan.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Greg its the truth, use one of the major brands and you can't lose.

We personally have used Chempec, Interlink, Jondon, Prochem, Pro's Choice products and a handful of others and they are all more than capable of delivering great end results. :cool:

I'd have him purchase what is readily available without making him buy large amounts to qualify for free shipping.

Mikey P

Administrator
Customers want a friendly face that shows up when they say they will. That's it!!!

Very true.

but if that friendly face can do that AND do a kick ass job...watch out.

and that's where the collective group here really shines.

Too bad Greg doesn't really want to help his friend out.
Greg can teach the guy who to find price conscious customers, sure. Anybody who can afford websites and EDDM campaigns can do that.
Does Greg have the knowledge to be able to teach a new owner op the little tricks that "we" have to not only find, but to keep the best customers. The ones who could care less about price but rather relationships...? Doubtful.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The only "ego" that is in the way...is Greg's. Sorry Greg, but the great info in this thread is coming from awesome cleaners and business people.

Before anyone discounts the MB veterans' advice, remember who here is the only one to CLOSE his carpet cleaning biz recently.

:-)
Lee

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I am ahead of the pack because I ask what the customer wants, listen to what the customer wants, then I either do as told or explain why its not possible and charge accordingly.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
The only "ego" that is in the way...is Greg's. Sorry Greg, but the great info in this thread is coming from awesome cleaners and business people.

Before anyone discounts the MB veterans' advice, remember who here is the only one to CLOSE his carpet cleaning biz recently.

:-)
Lee

Which is why I am here asking questions.....

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Send him over here. I am new to the biz, I knew nothing about carpet cleaning. Bought a residential machine much like the rug doctor and went to work. That is what I am still using. I have been on MB for about a month now. I have just been reading all I can to try and learn. Next month I am going to buy a portable and put it to work. He's screwing himself to not get on here and learn all he can about things. Its basically like a free training course / tips and tricks of the trade kind of thing, all you have to do is get on and read. He can ask questions, etc. I am actually going to ask a question about chemicals here shortly, so watch for that, it may be of some help to your buddy.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Manage the customers expectations. Know what you can do and what may be impossible. Get an education and learn to communicate with your customers. Under promise and over deliver. (that will never come out! Oh look, it's gone)

Name
Marcus
Equipment...
Heat, heat. Heat. large engine at least 30 hp minimum shud be 35 hp
At least 4.5 blower....better with a 4.7
Mucho water rinsing at least 10 gallons per room....
Continual flow wands like the zipper with fast drying......

J

JoeyPeter

There's a difference in advancing out how to easy steps utilizes an equipment and thinking out how to clean a carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom