So I said...

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I was asked if I could eliminate "numerous pet stains and odor and guarantee the pets would not go toilet there again."

I gave a direct answer. What would you say to such a request?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It's a mirror answer, Steph. Easy. Ttangle the client with the agony of your dilemma.
This is what you say:
" Dear.....(fill in the blank) I know hope sells yet supposedly the truth will set me free.
So, before I answer, dear....what are you more of: Religious or a devout consumer type?"

Of course you can tell her the truth: Hell no. If anything, unless substantial changes are made, I can practically guarantee that your pet will go there again and again....

And then don't worry about it, the client will set you free.

Did this help?

Name
Jeff T
I was asked if I could eliminate "numerous pet stains and odor and guarantee the pets would not go toilet there again."

I gave a direct answer. What would you say to such a request?
It's like them asking 'once you clean the carpets, are they going to stay clean forever?'...... Actual question asked by a customer........

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
It's a behavioral or medical issue/reason that they are going on the rug. I'm not a vet or animal behaviorist. So I can't fix your pet. I can clean the carpet for you and if you would like a recommendation for a vet or animal behaviorist I have a few numbers I can give You.

(Make sure you have a good vet and animal behaviorist you can refer).

If you think the client can handle a bit of humor and not take it the wrong way then ask them if they would hire their car mechanic to do their hair. If that sounds so ridiculous then why would they expect a carpet cleaner can fix their pet?

F

FB7777

It's not my monkey and not my circus

You can only control what is under your care , custody and control

You can provide the most effective and thorough treatment available which may include pad replacement

And the pet will likely return to business as usual unless it was an isolated incident or the owner takes active measures to prevent the animal from entering the areas

Guarantees are a transferral of responsibility

I prefer to underpromise and lose the job than underdeliver and own the problem

I have a goldmine of repeat offenders.... kids and pets are awesome in both my personal and professional life

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
yes Ma'am to remove the odor and the stains this is what i will have to do. (explain all the steps involved). To guarantee your pets will never urinate their again will cost .50 cents apiece which includes a permanent shelter underground with a nice blanket. The only drawback is that you will never be able to see your pet again. What would you like me to do?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
quit whining, I got suckered into ripping out carpet and installing 2 rooms of hardwood...

how ya think that makes me feel.... I told em Rugs are ALL MINE if I do this ...

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Good stuff.

I told them the truth and the wife called this morning to schedule an appointment next Wednesday. I'll look at it and do the work Friday.

Sounds like a situation for Unleashed. I guess I'll get my chemical pimp to order some.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
YUPP just gotta take care of the problem and eliminate the any animal access to the carpet again and ya it won't happen again.

Like we can train their bad dog?

Name
Nate W.
quit whining, I got suckered into ripping out carpet and installing 2 rooms of hardwood...

how ya think that makes me feel.... I told em Rugs are ALL MINE if I do this ...

I no believe..... What kind of hardwood? Anything more than a peel-n-stick is above your pay grade.........! :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom