So whats the deal with wood floors?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So whats the deal with wood floors? Are they complex an problematic or simple and easy and only a few problems?

I have a carpet retailer that says he will never get into the cleaning yet gets asked whom he recommends several times daily. He'd like to give us the work no strings attached.

What's the story on them?

John G

Cleaning wood floors is easy and quick and very good income, getting into refinishing is where you will find some problems.
Now simple scratch and recoat is simple and easy, but sanding and stain correcting gets difficult.

We do quiet a few wood floor cleaning jobs and get .50 a square for basically prespraying Abstraction TLC, scrub with the Trinity Cm and Mop up with some absorbing pads.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
can you clean Brazillian reverse grain cherrywood.............

ahh geeeeeez John.... settle down i was jus kidding!:stir:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I have two DVDs on wood floor cleaning. One describes and shows video of the mechanical systems that uses a rotary floor buffer. The other DVD focuses on the extraction procedure using machines like the Dirt Dragon or wood floor machines from Lindhaus or Karcher.

I will be glad to send copies of either or both DVDs to anyone who asks. Just send me an email with your mailing address. Let me know which DVD you want. I also have information comparing several different wood floor machines. scottw@bridgewatercorp.net

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I have thought about getting into the clean and seals...just havent made the jump...

Someone a while ago said something to the extent.......by the time they decide to have them "cleaned" they are about ready for a sand down....

which...i can see both ways....I suppose if you let them know ahead of time the differences, and then let them decide....

Like I said, I have tinkered with it...just no where to practice on....cimex...autoscrubber (maybe), squeege and wetvac....almost like scrub and recoating VCT...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I generally like to have a firm handle on things i do....that way i dont screw them up...or if i do, i know why...

the biggest thing is CHEMS....what to put on them....

I WONT put on that laminator plus crap...nor any type that is used as an "up sale" or "its so easy to use" for carpet cleaners....REALLY:hopeless:

Talk about bubble gum fix for the hoover dam...

and I just havent.....well taken the time to get some chem and find a sucker...errrr customer to let me test on them...:headbang:

Reactions: frresh1

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Every year i want to add this service and every year decline, its just one more service to train and at the end of the year just do not see that much revenue.

At some point it just becomes a real pain to train all these diverse services. JMO

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with both of you. I don't want to get into something we screw up, I want to do it right.

We also have Dan who has a house full of wood floors.....I'm sure he will volunteer to let us train on them. :icon_twisted:

I went tile and carpet...fortunately. :biggrin:

I've been interested for the last few years but now it's more of a push from the retailer to get into it. I think we are committed, we will just have to get plenty of training.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I think it would be pretty easy as long as the customer knows you are just cleaning them. Spray down some wood floor cleaner and buff away. Maybe have to wipe up the edges but that should just about do it. I'm gonna find a sucker to practice on too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom