Some of the better things you've bartered for?

Name
Steve Lawrence
The worst fruit cake ever. Tasted worse than turpentine.

But, I forgive myself. I was a kid.

Oh, you said "best trades".

Nevermind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Dentists love barter.
My dentist is straightening my chompers with Clear Correct.

Mel and I attended an open house for their office last Thursday and scored the grand prize (weekend at Wisconsin Dells or Branson at a nice resort).

We do a fair amount of cleaning for them personally and at the office.

I love small town Iowa.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
My website and new logo. They keep my website making money and I keep their carpet clean at their home. It's a husband and wife team of web designers.

Josh

Supportive Member
Name
Josh
massage and chiropractic, furniture, vehicles, money

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I pulled my trailer all the way to Myrtle beach to clean some carpet at a condo in my early years

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
BradFenstermaker
Meds, Eye care, mechanical repair,
Mostly small things but never a weekend trip yet.

Just mentioning that your up for barter is about all it takes to get the ball rolling

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
before or after shedding drug addictions?

someone once gave me 325 15mg OxyContins for a $400 carpet cleaning
The pillhEDs here know the street value of that

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Nah
goes back WAY farther than that.
Might of been sniffing gas from the tractor tank at 10 that haywire'd my synapses......

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Many years ago, I used to belong to a Barter exchange.
The best was the vinyl lettering for my van. I debated forever if its worth it. Finally got it. On the way home after the installation, when I stopped at the gas station a lady in the next isle asked for my business card. Her cleaning alone was almost double my cost of the vinyl lettering.

Second best thing was leaving that Barter exchange. What a rip off place.

Last edited:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Dental services, chiropractic treatment, lettering the van, meals at local restaurants but Winchester TN did not have much in the way of fancy restaurants. DID a lot of trade for promotions on the local radio station. I even helped them develop a "Swap and shop" program for many of the local merchants to trade goods and services for advertising.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Many years ago, I used to belong to a Barter exchange.
The best was the vinyl lettering for my van. I debated forever if its worth it. Finally got it. On the way home after the installation, when I stopped at the gas station a lady in the next isle asked for my business card. Her cleaning alone was almost double my cost of the vinyl lettering.

Second best thing was leaving that Barter exchange. What a rip off place.
The first rule of Barter Exchange, is to never talk about Barter Exchange.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
This:
09D3EFC9-F650-4C35-9D37-4305FF76519D.jpeg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I traded a POS 65 Beetle that I built from scrap parts and painted with spray cans, plus $500, for a race-built 70 Cuda. The slicks the guy tossed in were worth more than the VW.

He needed a frugal car he could work on, so no way he'd have traded carpet cleaning.

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
An $18,000 hair piece.

13 years ago I did a very large fire damage build back at a high end resort hotel complex in Branson Missouri. One day while onsite during the 5 month project the CEO Mario Giavoni approached me and we spent 30 to 45 minutes discussing the project. Everything from timelines to project modifications. By this time we had built a great rapport and were on a first name basis. As he is walking away, he turns and says Ivan can I ask you a personal question? Of course I said sure, what is it? He was direct, yet compassionate when he asked - Ivan how does it feel being a man that has lost so much hair at your age? I was 43 at the time and truthfully my skull resembled a cul-de-sac. I told him that I wished I wasn't nearly bald, but at the same time I expressed how I had become somewhat accustomed to the condition and never really let it negatively impact my personal life. At any rate he begins this spiel about his brother Antonio the "famed hair piece designer of the stars" and celebrities. Rambling names like John Travolta, Elton John, News man Dan Rather, Ted Nugent and on and on.

I told him that truthfully I did feel a bit insecure with my major baldness. So he say's, Ivan, I tell you what I'll do. I'll talk to Antonio and see if he would be willing to weave you a custom piece for only 18k, which we can barter with this project. Mario had noted that the 18k barter would get his Accountants off his back. His normal rates for "Star Quality" rugs is begins at 45k and up.

Fast forward - three days after the $678,000 project was complete and paid in full, minus the $18,000 barter and air fare, I was on a plane headed to Milan Italy for the initial fitting. Antonio was a great guy and as Italian as Italian gets. While in the boutique waiting, I spent literally 45 minutes reading the history of this legend. As synchronicity would have it, he was from the old country and came from a long lineage of Rug weavers. Not the Toupee type of Rugs, but the real rugs that many of us enjoy cleaning.

That my friends is where the term "Rug" comes from. Care and maintenance of the piece is fast and easy. A simple encap for daily use and visits to Milan every three years for refit.

Today thanks to my customer Mario and his brother Toni, I can say that my life is great. My sex life is that of an eighteen year old, I have more strength today than I had when I was 25 and yes, the chicks did the hair piece!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
An $18,000 hair piece.

13 years ago I did a very large fire damage build back at a high end resort hotel complex in Branson Missouri. One day while onsite during the 5 month project the CEO Mario Giavoni approached me and we spent 30 to 45 minutes discussing the project. Everything from timelines to project modifications. By this time we had built a great rapport and were on a first name basis. As he is walking away, he turns and says Ivan can I ask you a personal question? Of course I said sure, what is it? He was direct, yet compassionate when he asked - Ivan how does it feel being a man that has lost so much hair at your age? I was 43 at the time and truthfully my skull resembled a cul-de-sac. I told him that I wished I wasn't nearly bald, but at the same time I expressed how I had become somewhat accustomed to the condition and never really let it negatively impact my personal life. At any rate he begins this spiel about his brother Antonio the "famed hair piece designer of the stars" and celebrities. Rambling names like John Travolta, Elton John, News man Dan Rather, Ted Nugent and on and on.

I told him that truthfully I did feel a bit insecure with my major baldness. So he say's, Ivan, I tell you what I'll do. I'll talk to Antonio and see if he would be willing to weave you a custom piece for only 18k, which we can barter with this project. Mario had noted that the 18k barter would get his Accountants off his back. His normal rates for "Star Quality" rugs is begins at 45k and up.

Fast forward - three days after the $678,000 project was complete and paid in full, minus the $18,000 barter and air fare, I was on a plane headed to Milan Italy for the initial fitting. Antonio was a great guy and as Italian as Italian gets. While in the boutique waiting, I spent literally 45 minutes reading the history of this legend. As synchronicity would have it, he was from the old country and came from a long lineage of Rug weavers. Not the Toupee type of Rugs, but the real rugs that many of us enjoy cleaning.

That my friends is where the term "Rug" comes from. Care and maintenance of the piece is fast and easy. A simple encap for daily use and visits to Milan every three years for refit.

Today thanks to my customer Mario and his brother Toni, I can say that my life is great. My sex life is that of an eighteen year old, I have more strength today than I had when I was 25 and yes, the chicks did the hair piece!
No pics?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom