Some suggestions please (pump problem)

FredC

Village Idiot
fudavid2.jpg

edit: June 9th PM (19th is when screenshot was taken)

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
Last time I took my machine on for service at the local supplier(2006) I paid like $600 for a $10 diode.. At that point I new I had to dig in and learn all I can about how my truckmount worked,or get used to paying alot for service. Another thing I chose to do is stay with the same manufacturer

That's the problem with people who don't know what troubleshooting really means.....

Machine wasn't pumping water, Fred got it to pump water......Seemed mine while he was there...

Then it wouldn't prime and 3 weeks go by........ I'm sure if the same person we're to have looked back at the machine they would've found the problem..... But when you let 5 different people touch anything, you'll get different possibilities on what it could be.....

This is like taking a car into the dealership and they fix one problem only to have another arise......But you don't take it back to them and bad mouth that dealership when you talk with people because you didn't give them the opportunity to fix the problem..........

I'm not trying to take away from TCS, but it still going back to troubleshooting and process of elimination...... A Dick move to bad mouth someone when you didn't give them the opportunity to try and correct it........ I only hope your customers aren't like you!

Reactions: Able 1 and Mikey P

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
This is the exact reason I like to work on things myself. Only one person trouble shooting, plus no drama.
im glad your up and running and so sorry it took his long.
Gene

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama
I've followed this thread since the start. it was obvious that david was very frustrated and he did a really good job explaining why he just wanted to pay someone to get it fixed. there is no doubt in his posts that he is not mechanical nor does he want to be. i think that his being up front about that should be applauded.

David, from the posts on this thread I do not think that fred's motivation was to show you up. i am sure that he knows that there are people on this board that are probably even more mechanical than he is. i just don't get that feeling reading what he typed so far that hurthing you was his agenda. he did a great thing driving four hours each way to try to fix your machine. that should be appluaded too.

Just so you know david i am not very machanical at all so i know what you were going thru not having the pump work. i also get frustrated when things don't work as i am a perfectionist. be that as it is I thinkk you should have called fred as soon as the pump started to not work right after he "fixed" it. three weeks is a long time and i think the pressure of the TM not working right built up alot. I know it would have if it wrer me. a phone calll is very easy to do and i think that fred wrote that he told you to call him if anything went wrong with the machine. so you kind of blew that one alittle bit.

Fred, david is not a pos. he just got the impression somehow that you were making fun of him or trying to show him up. again, that doesn't seem to be true in the posts. but when someone is very frustartated and tired and angry then they might take it out on someone who is really trying to help. I don't think david is right about your agenda but i also don't think you should not take ist personally that he didn't call you during those three weeks. He might not have wanted to bother you and maybe felt a little embarassed about having drive so far AND mad that what your fix didn't solve the problem.....alll at the same time.

I do think that one post where david said fred is wrong again might have started this problem between you two. I don't think that was right to say that unless things behind the scenes was different that what was bing said on this board. but everyone has to understand that david was living with this problem 24/7 while we weren't.

david, i'm glad that you have found the problem and fixed it. you seem to be an ok guy and up front about things. there is nothing wrong with what you did as you needed the tm fixed as soon as possible. that is easy to understand. if i was you i would have beat the crap out of that pump for not working and probabley set a world's record for amount of cuss words used in a day. i bet it doesn't take long for you to make the money you spent on it back. just start a new day and do what you do best running a good business. I am being objective about this situation. not a hater for sure.

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama
fred that post on june 9 was spot on. good guess. but just so you know us non mechanics can't think in the same way as you mcanical guys. if it was me i would have asked you right after you got the pump primed, "what is the root cause and how do we solve it." you got the pump primed and running but you didn't solve the problem. but you knew on june 9 what it could have been.

when you were with david did you want to test and/or rplace the ball valve or chem injector??? if it was me and you told me it could be those things i wouldnt have let you leave until we replaced those parts. and then run the tm and see if the pump worked. it seems that this was not done.

FredC

Village Idiot
when you were with david did you want to test and/or rplace the ball valve or chem injector??? if it was me and you told me it could be those things i wouldnt have let you leave until we replaced those parts. and then run the tm and see if the pump worked. it seems that this was not done.

:hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless:

If you asked me what the root cause was what would you expect me to say? There was no reason to assume there was another problem. He had the entire plumbing system apart due to a burst hose which would naturally cause it to lose prime and sometimes that is difficult to get back. That isn't a good enough root cause?

It was inspected for obvious leaks in different configs (chem on/off, bypass, etc) and held prime fine. In fact it held prime for multiple jobs days after I left.

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama
thanks mike. i think david would be more appreciative if he didn't believe that fred was out to get him. and he probably got really frustratd when the pump didn't work the next day or two. my temper has gotten me in trouble but i have learned to apologize to people if i hurt their feelings. the world is a different place when you don't have a big ego and think you are always right. i am wrong alot but i do learn from those times very well. that helps make me a better person.

Nasa has a saying.....work the problem people.

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama
Its somewhere in all the brass fittings around the water tank and water box. Thing is there are about 15 different pieces. I can pull water from the pump if I take the water inlet hose that goes to the pump off and stick it in a bucket of water but it wont pull water from the water box or tank.

david could get the pump to prime before you got there. but it didn't stay primed. Cobb had told him that it was a bad brass. not trying to be a jerk but not staying primed was a symptom of the real problem not the problem itself. if it was me i would have said to you, "thanks for getting it to work for now but have you solved the problem or just got rid of the symptoms?" If you replied I think some brass is bad then I would have said lets make a list and start changing them one at a time.

fred you drove so far to help him it is a shame that you two couldn't have changed some of the brass parts that day and if you guys did then maybe the bad chem injector would have been found. i would hve kept you there as long as possible and use your knowledge to fix the tm.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
david could get the pump to prime before you got there. but it didn't stay primed. Cobb had told him that it was a bad brass. not trying to be a jerk but not staying primed was a symptom of the real problem not the problem itself. if it was me i would have said to you, "thanks for getting it to work for now but have you solved the problem or just got rid of the symptoms?" If you replied I think some brass is bad then I would have said lets make a list and start changing them one at a time.

fred you drove so far to help him it is a shame that you two couldn't have changed some of the brass parts that day and if you guys did then maybe the bad chem injector would have been found. i would hve kept you there as long as possible and use your knowledge to fix the tm.

What is it you think that means? It was not in the brass pieces and when I left IT WAS pulling from the tank. WTF would I randomly replace brass based on something someone a thousand miles away said over a phone that I had already exluded as the issue? If I replaced the brass and primed it again nothing would have been different.

and the fact is you most likely wouldn't have said ANY of that.....you are basing what you think you would say on reading this thread and knowing there was an additional issue.

I mean you followed the thread from the beginning....where were you during the 3 weeks David didn't say anything.....did I miss your "but did Fred only fix the symptom" post?

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Fred,

The fact that you took time out of your OWN life to drive four hours(one way) away and try to help somebody you don't really know is unreal.

Whether you got the unit running or NOT, makes absolutely NO difference.
Whether you got paid or didn't get paid, makes absolutely NO difference.

I like you guys, but you ain't getting a four hour drive out of me..... Maybe an hour if ya REALLY need help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom