Sorry guys but it's Leap Year for MikeFest.

LeeCory

If you are being serious it sounds like a big dissapointment. Most guys probably don't care about silly classes and shows, they just want to get together with the other guys.

Maybe reality isn't as big as your plans, but why not have some ribs and make a small group of people happy? I bet they would still come.

MIKEY FUN FEST

The Sahara plan sounds good.

The best part of Mfest was the bar at hotel each night'

Meeting all the guys was great.

Make a 30 min trip to Connections to make trip a write off.Forget the BS speakers , Your guys already know more than them.

The trade show is the same old stuff.
Lots to do in Vegas.

Good luck,Judson

Greenie

I've found that when you are catering to carpet cleaners, you might as well book at McDonalds, cause they will always bitch about the food.

Personally If I was Les I'd tell you to have BamaFest and leave me alone, it's a butt load of money and time to host one of these things, I couldn't personally tolerate the negative comments above if I had hosted it. There was always more education and comraderie than actual drinking, that is just a bulletin board assumption, there are few places as much fun where you can play with all the new toys in a real world experience.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
WOW, a few issues here to cover.

Looking forward to the Sahara meet.

2010 in California sounds good, would work in real well, as long as it's not cold :lol:

I don't understand the significance of the blue vibrator :?:

amazingyx6.jpg

JOHN, you CAN get there :wink:
thenyoucanbringbackyerownstuff

Would be good to see some backing from the suppliers and watch them remove stains with their gear.

:idea: Maybe 2010 won't be so good :(

1: My drivers license will be due :(

2: I turn 65 :cry:

3: I have it on good authority that the world will end :shock:

4: I think my marriage license expires :lol:

5: Damnit, what the hell, let's just do it :mrgreen:

Ooroo :roll:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Greenie said:
I've found that when you are catering to carpet cleaners, you might as well book at McDonalds, cause they will always bitch about the food.

Personally If I was Les I'd tell you to have BamaFest and leave me alone, it's a butt load of money and time to host one of these things, I couldn't personally tolerate the negative comments above if I had hosted it. There was always more education and comraderie than actual drinking, that is just a bulletin board assumption, there are few places as much fun where you can play with all the new toys in a real world experience.

No not mcdonalds, that place gives me the shits...

and besides thats the only bitchen i did was the food...

it was great to put names with faces, and to play with the toys was the funnest part..

i like the roller rink thing..really made you look at how things are done different, and other peoples ways of thinking..

i like the ribs thing..that would be a fookin great idea...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
If it would have the MBSOA I could probably work out a Jeremyfest in INDIANA.... Probably would be a good & educational time. If you're interested.. PM Mikey & Me...

Of course, there would have to be a day of "Coed Naked Carpet Cleaning".

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Coed or not I wouldn't want to see any of you carpet cleaners naked! That might give people nightmares!

John Watson

So, Waldo's impersonation of Mikey didn't fly with the exercise teacher and we can't mess with the PA system at the Grange Hall any more!!!! The wood floor repairs didn't pass inspection.

Come on tell the real truth, Had to happen during one of the highlights of the Fest. A few of the Old Farts reminicing of yesteryore

All in all, Mikey, you did a great job and now I might have to take Helen to Hawaii in Feb or March instead of threating to go to anothers Mikefest

Lora Olson

I would have come to Mikeyfest but John won't let me!!

He says you guys do scary ritualistic BDCC stuff that would put me in therapy.

Maybe I better haden't go to the Sahara either! :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Damn, I decided to go right after he said it was off. Course if it's back on, I wont be able to make it cause it's too far. :wink:

Lora Olson

admiralclean said:
If you were half the man Lizza is, you wouldn't worry about what your husband says!

Now get back in the kitchen!

If you mean Lisa Smith-Lydon...then yeah, you're right! :p I ain't half of anything Lisa is!

And for your other comment...well, K M A :wink:

oh and p.s. the other Marty is cuter than you!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
YEA BUT LORA...

you'd let him go hikin' wit Mikey tho....wouldn't ya???

i HEAR Lisa has StringBean on a short leash...?

Greenie

I told her I expect the hose truck unloaded and 10 Greenhorn wands assembled when i get back....that was it.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I dont want to go in to a bunch of details as to why but lets just blame it on the economy.

Can't blame it on that. Too many suckers mortgaged the house to buy those expensive rigs cause they were told our industry is recession proof. People clean carpets MORE when the economy is bad.

The Preacher

how many people do you know personally who's home is being forclosed???

how many people do you know who can't put gas in their truck???

i'd say things are tuff right now, but i think the media is making more of it than is real!

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I don't doubt the foreclosure rate is way up, but that's not due to the economy, it's due to un-ethical lending practices and incredibly stupid people purchasing more house than they could afford through adjustable rate mortgages and refusing to accept that the interest rate and their payment was going to increase. It just happened sooner than later.....

I also don't buy the media's "the sky is falling" crap.

Fon Johnson

Ed said:
I don't doubt the foreclosure rate is way up, but that's not due to the economy, it's due to un-ethical lending practices and incredibly stupid people purchasing more house than they could afford through adjustable rate mortgages and refusing to accept that the interest rate and their payment was going to increase. It just happened sooner than later.....

I also don't buy the media's "the sky is falling" crap.

I agree. The real problem is that the high price of fuel, and therefore groceries and everything else, has put a real bite on those living from paycheck to paycheck. If you were already just getting by, then the high prices are enough to slowly push you over the edge; kinda like in the movies where you slowly loose your grip on the cliff on finger at a time. The majority of those people are the ones caught in the sub-prime scandal too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom