Source for 2.5-3" barbed plastic fitiings

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

Please can anybody give me a referral for the above?

Thx,
Dale

Greenie

Dale, I probably have the grey spears fittings you seek here, we've bushed a few to 2.5" insert (barb), common on Butlers.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I found a fitting, called a Zip Coupling, that 3" ABS or PVC fitting will screw into and 2.5" cool cuff with the staight pipe on it will fit right into it on the other side. A nice tight fit. Its normally an adaptor to fit 3" pipe to 2" copper pipe. Apparently the 2" copper has a 2.5" outside diameter.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I do appreciate your posts, but I still cannot find anything. Spears may make them but I sure cannot find them on their website. I am looking for barbed elbows.

Also I Greenie's website does not show them, and I cannot find "Zip Coupling". Please anybody else have any ideas? As soon as I get this project done, I'll post it so anybody can copy it. It's a filter box with 2.5" and 3" plumbing, that can be made for $150-$200.

Thx,
Dale

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
have you tried the farm supply store?
(Tractor Central Supply)

they have large hose barbs in nylon and PVC.
Straight, elbows, threaded and non threaded

I don't think I've ever seen one fitting that goes from 3" to 2.5.
But figure you might be able make one with a reducer bushing.
(also on the shelf at TCS)

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Dale, I just went in to a local plumbing supply store (i bug them all the time when I'm making something. I am amazed at what I can find in that little store!) and took in the cool cuff adaptor fitting. I asked if they had anything that would join it to 3" abs pipe. What he showed me he called a Zip Coupling, its a rubber fitting with hose clamps, female thread on both ends. 3" abs or pvc will thread in one side and the cool cuff fitting just slid into the other.
I have a filter pail that cost $200 to make that I've been using for 3 yrs now. The filter itself is 100mesh SS. Plumbed it with 3" abs fittings. I have a 3" hose so I don't need the reducer to 2.5" (yet) but since the 2.5" is on my Christmas wish list ...

Are you coming to MF? I could bring this coupler with me.

07-01-26Inspiration59012.jpg

Greenie

Dale, I don't normally list plastic parts and stuff on the site, that is why I said call.

The plastic fittings are plan B, if I need to use a 2.5 "barb" of some type, I'm gonna use this for maximum airflow:

25ButElbow002.jpg

When you compare it to the conventional Butler approach it's obvious which one flows better and has a larger inside diameter.

But25.jpg

We also make a few custom versions:

25ButElbow004.jpg

25ButElbow005.jpg

25ButElbow003.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom