Speak up Dusty, you're mumbling..

Mikey P

Administrator
2733d6b9.jpg

I can only imagine what led to this BS disclaimer.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Mikey P said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say anybody involved in farming this amazing new business opportunity is a dirt bag.

Oops, I snorted when I laughed at that... sorry!

It would be interesting to look a little deeper and see did anyone talking about the "big money" in rug cleaning plants ever actually run a big money rug plant operation?

Now, if Ken or Bryan (the "rug studs") came out with a cleaning line of equipment based on their very well-run operations, that ARE established as "successful" - well then I'd say they practice what they preach.

I don't know about the other guys. Though I know for a FACT - that Ruth and Jeff did not ever run successful rug cleaning operations, and neither has Aaron.

And, I've never charged $7 a square foot to clean a rug... must be in Canadian dollars.
:mrgreen:

Lisa

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Ron Werner said:
I thought it was Monahan that was the dirt bag.

Maybe i don't really know....the 40K question is has anyone been screwed on a Monahan centrifuge purchase?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
rhyde said:
Ron Werner said:

Maybe i don't really know....the 40K question is has anyone been screwed on a Monahan centrifuge purchase?

That's a big, long, round tube thingy isn't it. ??

Balance would need to be good.

:oops:

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
rhyde said:
Ron Werner said:

To be fair, he's just started up - give him time....

j/k :)

Lisa

P.S. Isn't this unit from Europe? I don't think they are manufacturing here in the US. So perhaps we take a look at the brand name under the private label to see about the quality. I do not know anyone who has bought one. It just seems like over-kill for a smaller operation.

Ron K

I just had to say something.

SOMETHING

$40,000 and you get a FREE I Pad :twisted:

Ron K

Liars, cheats, hucksters and sociopaths will be eliminated from the flock.

DGT

Just to let you know Randy, we have over 20 units going and you can ask any of them
what they think about our units. If you would like a list, let me know.

All of our clients are very happy with the product and the service that they get from us.
If they aren't, they need to call me so I can look after the issue.

Tom and I both wash rugs and use the equipment that we make. If it doesn't work well
then it should not be sold. It will just bite you later.

Greg Turcotte
Co-Founder/Co-Owner
Centrum Force LLC.

randy

Name
Randy
If they are actually making false earning claims in the effort to sell a business opportunity Federal Law is being violated. Many States have actually recently passed Business opportunity laws that are even worse than the new federal law. To make earning claims you must be able to prove that you have done it , OR some of your affiliates have PRIOR to your making the claim. If you are claiming $7.00 a square foot and it hasn't actually been done , you are a prosecution waiting to happen.
Remember those ads that ran for like 20 years in many magazines, " Make $4,000 a month from home with a computer".
That case was prosecuted and the operators were sent to Federal Prison for 10 years. ( Google Computer Business Services $4,000 a month for the whole story).

Anyone seeking more information on the Federal business opportunity law or seeking to file a complaint about deceptive practices with respect to the marketing of Business opportunities can contact the Federal Trade Commission & or your State Attorney General.

Hopefully no one within our industry would be dishonest enough to claim $7.00 a square foot for rug cleaning, if they haven't actually done it on a regular basis. That would be shocking, especially if ex- officials of the IICRC are involved, that would be very sad.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We make 7 plus dollars on a rug quite often.... that being said, that number only comes after you consider everything we do to the rug.. not just cleaning...

If we have a 5x8 oriental that needs urine decontamination, a new pad, and fringe repairs, that $100 dollar cleaning could have just jumped up to 400.00... now you do that math... 400/40. Now Dusty does include the truth about his statement if someone buys equipment. But I agree with the rest here that simple cleaning only will not fetch you $7, maybe $3.00, but mostly in additional serves to the area. rug.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Can you make $7 psf from an area rug cleaning? Yep. Is it reasonable to expect to make those numbers all of the time? Nope.

Not to interupt a good character kicking, but hype gets attention. Anyone that sells anything knows that, and many that post here are guilty of using similar tactics. Unfortunate, but people buy things they might wait and think about a liitle longer because the hype worked. How many people bought bigger trucks than they needed or chose the one with the biggest chrome grille? Remember when every truckmount maker had to claim 265 degrees, even though running that temperature would be ridiculous? It worked to sell a lot of units, and all of those manufacturers are just as guilty of hype advertising.

I think the sharper sticks have a tendency to do a little research.

PS: Careful throwing names around. Apologies will have to be made when you find out everyone that sells something for rug cleaning isn't a dirtbag.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Difference between a Harley and a vacuum cleaner?

The Harley can hold two dirtbags.

(Sorry... it's the only vacuum cleaner joke I know....)

DGT

Ron, I have occasionally charged more than $10 per foot. Considering the real silks, why not charge
a lot of money. If you screw it up, you've bought it.
Don't be afraid to ask for the larger dollars. You have spent how much on your education? The cost
of the course plus the time away from work etc. Not to mention the expertise that you have accumlated
over the years cleaning.
Then there is the amount of work involved in cleaning the silk. Some are easy and some are a nightmare.

The analogy that I always use when talking to rug washers is simple. If you have a VW and a BMW, how
much is it going to cost to change the oil. Probably about $30 for the VW and $60+ for the Beamer.
The guy that owns the Beamer expects to pay more.

The people that own rugs that are worth more than your car have no issue with paying more. I have been
told that I am too cheap, and I charge $4.50+ for silk. Many of my clients have paid over $6 per foot and
want to know why I am cheaper and do a better job.
Keep your prices up there guys, you are worth every penny if you know what you are doing. And if you have
a cleaner in your area that is charging $10 per foot... BE HAPPY!! He just made it easier for you to raise your
prices.

foureyes

Perhaps Dr. King could have permitted us to judge a manufacturer by the efficacy of his cleaning equipment as well as by the content of his character. John Mosher says, "The way I do something is the way I do everything." It was said of the Parson in Chausser's Canterbury Tales, "...but first he wraughte and then he taughte."

Mr. Monahan and Mr. Turcotte are men of impeccable character whose lives are mirrored in the rug washing equipment they make. They have demonstrated unbelievable restraint toward those in our industry who have sought to malign their intellectual property. Moreover, if something on one of their machines goes awry (as is the case with every man- made thing), they resolve the issue promptly. And yes, it is Made in USA .

Our industry is replete with overpromisers underdelivering to make a fast buck.

Ms. Wagner should be commended for withholding judgment until all evidence is in.

She (and hosts of others) will have that opportunity at Connections as all major rug cleaning equipment will (hopefully) be exposed and undressed in Vegas so we can make informed buying decisions. The health of our precious customer's rugs is at stake.

At some point the truth about all this equipment and its purveyors will be known. That truth liberates those who earnestly seek it and impugns those whose character is reflected in the crappy equipment they make.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom