Speaking of Heart Attack

John Buxton

When it happens, it's too late to get a bigger life insurance policy, or better health care coverage. Now you have a "pre-existing condition". I wish I would have increased my life insurance to care of kids, but now it's too late. Take some advise, and do it now.

And, if you have one like me on a Sunday morning, go to a large hospital because the small ones don't have anyone (worth a shit) on staff on a weekend.

TimP

I talked with a guy today that I cleaned for and he had 2 strokes and he swears it's worse to have one of them vs a heart attack. It messed him up real bad with his memory...it took him a year to learn to drive again. His wife handles almost everything financially now and technical, the guy lost a lot of his mind. It's pretty sad.

I hope you get better soon, even the large hospitals can have crap service. It's better to research them before hand but nobody plans for an emergency and I know cause I've been there. There are a lot of nurses and doctors that really suck and cause a lot of deaths and more problems due to negligence. Don't take no lip from anyone and watch them like hawks and do your homework and try to learn as much about it as they do cause other wise they may take advantage of you and this is from personal experience. Good luck and take care!!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Words of wisdom there.

I too cannot get life insurance, medical insurance or disability coverage because of pre-existing conditions (Lupus and a mini-stroke). I have kids to support and it's really scary.

Get good coverage now. Even if you're young and healthy and short on cash...you could have a devastating accident tomorrow.

My late husband died of a stroke at 39, and we were ill-prepared. Make sure your spouse has good coverage as well.

Take care,
Lisa

TimP

We have our life insurance for sure. Enough to pay off our home, our truck, and all of our debt and have a few hundred thousand left over. My wife and son wont be left high and dry and neither will I if something happened to her. It doesn't cost very much either especially for the peace of mind. And if it wasn't for health insurance we'd still be paying for medical bills.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
My brother didn't need any medical insurance......he died instantly from a heart attack.

You have to do some sort of exercise everyday of your life. Use it or lose it.

BRSUMMERVILLE

This past week, was lousy. Two Saturdays a go, had pressure in my chest. Sure enouf, heart attack. Went home on Monday. Called Bryan Irvin, Wednesday night, told him about it. Thurday morning, was so weak, sweating like crazy. Went to the hospital. Twenty minutes later, my heart stop. I'M GLAD TO BE ALIVE. VA HOSIPAL SAVE MY LIFE TWICE.

The best insurance is get to a hospital ASAP. If I waited five more minutes, I would not be here.

At home now
Bob Rock

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Hope you are feeling better Bob. Take care of yourself. Some of us will try to help but if you don't know the other cleaners in your area, now might be a good time to make some calls and introduce yourself. A little small talk should show you who cares about the quality of their work and if they could help you out and themselves by taking care of your customers for awhile. Or you may want to hire someone so you can sit home and market. Really that seems like the only choices most of us would have in your situation. Good luck buddy.

Name
steve snail
Luddy's right, exercise every day. As carpet cleaners we get the bonus of having someone paying us very well to do this very activity!

Low dose aspirin every day.

Wild Salmon at the grocery store for the price of a drive through happy meal w/out the bad health consequences.

For me yoga in the hot room w/yoga babes. For you?

Blood pressure monitor at amazon.com 65 bucks that can store a trend line on your pc.

Don't make your health insurance policy the cornerstone of your wellness.

John Buxton

Best of luck to you Bob. It's a scary thing. Now when I have some chest tingle, I stop and wait to see if anything else happens. I was extremely weak for a while and had to limit myself. Dont over do it bro, eat right, exercise when your better, take your meds, and keep the nitro handy.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Words of wisdom above. I had an angioplasty 7 years ago. Kinda scary watching the docs work on your heart while you lay there and watch on the TV. Meat alone is a misnomer. eating small portions of LEAN sources of protein, like fish, chicken breasts, egg whites, beans will provide you with the protein you'll need. Lots of fruit and vegetables and whole grains.Exercise is important as well. I run 5 miles every morning and weight train for the extra kick.288 pounds to 210 was a big step.

And just for Mikey- Strauss heart drops. I was introduced to these by an 88 year old man who had 3 heart attacks at 61.

https://straussheartdrops.com/

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob...sorry to hear about yor heart attack.....did ya get any stents.....?

When you died...did ya see anything........?

Scott

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
We've got good insurance. I pay 130 a month for 100% coverage on medical and prescription. Screw that deductable crap.

Where does a guy go shopping to find such a policy?

Scott

JohnnyV

Health Inurance for healthy Single young males is very inexpensive.
I was 46 when I had mine, Heart Attack and Surgery. Diet is probably the biggest factor. Work definitely does not = Exercise. Don't wait for that pain in the arm or an Elephant sitting on your Chest because that is not always the case. Sweating, shortness of breath...Deep pains in your shoulder that radiate towards your neck or jaw. Of course I had a defective Aortic valve that almost killed me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom