Speaking of the Orbot

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Has anyone used they're Orbot or other orbital machine for hardwood floors? Did you use absorbent or synthetic pads? Spray from the machine or other sprayer?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Aren't you glad you didn't get that booring fooking Cimex?
Cimex is still on my list but not as urgent now as the Orbot seems to work well so far. Have a client that would like a hardwood floor cleaned and reurethaned. Not sure if I want to quote on it but looking into it.

Name
Matt Ross
I have done several laminent floors with the orbot vibe. It works well. I used superzorb pads. Even with just water it cleaned well. I cleaned some with alot of texture and I had to go pretty slow to get all the grains clean. I used the weights.

Attachments

• IMG_20170312_105259270.jpg
    IMG_20170312_105259270.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 171

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Cimex is still on my list but not as urgent now as the Orbot seems to work well so far. Have a client that would like a hardwood floor cleaned and reurethaned. Not sure if I want to quote on it but looking into it.

Would be nice to have an opportunity to test the Orbot's ability to clean wood floors.

Sucks that they want it refinished also, which is the curveball.

Would be nice if you can sub out the finish work to someone else and just get in on the cleaning to see what the Orbot can do.

Hard to find safe test subjects for new toys.

I looked into doing wood floors and it is a tedious process when it becomes more than just a "clean n polish", which is only a basic service, but a service that I think an Orbot/Vibe can make profitable work of.

Always nice to have a wood floor hack sub in your network for everything else.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am going to requalify her. I think she just wants the floor clean and shiny again. I have been looking into wood floor treatments and they have a lot of water based urethane products that you can apply after cleaning. Lasts for a few months and can be brightened up with a flat mop and the appropriate cleaner. Her floors are in good shape, just dirty. There is a local wood floor guru here, I think I will try to make friends with him.

Reactions: Mikey P

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Hard part seems to be setting expectations of a unfamiliar process, using a somewhat unfamiliar tool, using unfamiliar products.

She sounds like a potential candidate if you can qualify the gig as only a "refresher" or a "clean and polish", with further services available if desired.

Gotta bite the bullet and try it at some point.

Any products or waxes that can be applied and then buffed and polished with the Orbot that may be superior to something you just mop on and leave?

Name
Matt Ross
I've been wondering the same thing. I have a friend who asked me to do his wood floors. He wouldn't be critical or picky. Also wouldn't make much $ but it might be worth the experience. Also interested in the stone and tile polishing.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've been wondering the same thing. I have a friend who asked me to do his wood floors. He wouldn't be critical or picky. Also wouldn't make much $ but it might be worth the experience. Also interested in the stone and tile polishing.
The most important thing with wood floors is not to over wet them. Better to lightly spray your wood cleaning product then buff with pad and dry according to some of the videos I am watching

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Can any product be used in the Orbot spray system without gumming up the jets or anything else?

How thick is it RTU and how will it spray?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think on hardwood I will spray with a small pump up instead of using the machines spray system. More control and a finer mist. You can use anything in the orbit that you can use in an extractor or sprayer. My jets are 6502

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not polishing it. Just using the white pad to clean with as the floor is not in bad shape. Will just use a flat lambs wool mop to apply the finish.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok guys. I'm guilty. I used my Orbot today to Scampoo. I have to say, i'm in shock at the results! I clean this elderly complex. Today parking was a complete bitch and would have required a 250' hose run. It was pouring rain and I just wasn't into it for only $90. Then I remembered that I had my Orbot Vibe tucked away in my van. I'm super happy with the results. Still not my go-to method of cleaning, but in this case where everything was working against me, it was perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

dekeil

Name
DOUG
Laminator plus works great cleaning and polishing wood floors.
Easy to use. Just did my wood floors they look great.
You mist the cleaner and finish so you are not soaking floor.

PS use lambs wool mop for the finish.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom