Spots On Stainless Steel from prespray

CarpetKING

Hey guys I was cleaning some Tile & Grout and accidentally got some of the pre-spray on a stainless stove and havent been able to remove them. I tried a basic water based cleaner for SS and had no luck and recently ordered an aerosol SS cleaner from JonDon that I'll try today - but I really dont think it will help. Do any of you have any idea of what may take the spots out? Chemicals were Cobbs Powder boosted with a scoop of PowerBurst. The spots are a little brown in color.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Spray the SS cleaner on and use a scotchbrite pad to blend in those spots going with the grain.

Then do a overall clean and wipe it down and polish.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Cobbs powder? He has lots of powders which one? It is his powder that did it so call him but he will tell you to bad so sad go buy a new cover and next time mask it off. Normally an alkaline tile and grout cleaner will NOT harm stainless.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Do what Jimmy says - it's the best idea so far. Go light and very easy with the scotchbrite pad. You can always scub more, you can't undo too much scrubbing. Finish with the SS polish. Pray.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
whats about that snake oil SS polish we saw at last years MF???

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
lesson learned.........next time mix the stuff up and pour it on the floor and move it around with a push broom and you will never have to worry about it again.............

glenboy

Name
GLEN
peroxiclean...............michigan maintenance supply... warren michigan 1-800-594-9041 i was told this cleans cc chems off cc machine,,,,just a suggestion

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Is it real SS or faUx SS?

This will make a difference.

Aluminum Polish from autoparts store or Bar Keepers Friend from most grocery stores.

Always rub with the grain.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Scotchbrite makes a scrub pad that's not as abrasive as the green one. I think it's blue. I'd try that or the scouring powder.

Name
Lee Stockwell
White Scotchbrite pad, and Endust aerosol.

I saved ServiceMaster $10,000 at Murray State University with this combination.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom