Spotters (how many)

EDS

Name
Ed
What on your truck? I have Avenge, a Protien Spotter, PIG and rust re-mover. I should probably get something ammonia based????

I don't even try red spots anymore....(i guess that will change).

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Different types of solvents(citrus, acetone type(cobbs), gel) and dye stain removers(reducer/oxidizers).

Add a bar of fels and that's about all we/I need.

Ohh, and a rust remover.

Reactions: EDS

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Volatile solvent in a trigger sprayer for any oily/waxy stains. Rust remover. 2-part eliminate (vanish) for coffee/colored stains.

EDS

Name
Ed
What on earth is wd40 good for as a spotter? Sorry just trying to figure out what I should have on the truck I'm my bag. Ask the pro's....rather then my local distributor...

Name
Lee Stockwell
WD 40 in gallons, from Lowes, about $25. Spray cans (slightly different formula), available more widely.

Per label directions and website it is useful for many things. Gum, adhesives, grease stains and more.

Rinses easily. I have used it for many years with no problems.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
A steam iron for removing wax spills. Use their paper towels or napkins as the sorbant. You won't use it but once in a while, but when you do, you'll be glad.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Using a steamer on red stains makes sense. However, when trying to gently melt and blot wax, would it not wet the paper towels and stop them from absorbing the wax?

Reactions: TConway

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm still today, after 28 years at this, putting dye stain remover and the steamer on stains that don't respond.

However, I'm successfully removing stains that a towel and clothes iron didn't work on.

The steamer is a tool. You learn how to use it by using it.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Um- you're all silly billies- boil a friggin' kettle, pour it on the wax , vac off. Repeat as needed. Will not remove the dye but the wax is GONE!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom