SS. Galaxy getting a workout

Mikey P

Administrator
Cleaning and FPAing ten Yacht cushions on this rainy afternoon..

Love this EDIC Galaxy 2000
IMG_20170118_150342.jpg
for this sort of stuff.

Great performance.. two triple stage vacs, 500 psi and heat off two cords

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Is that the same model you guys tried to burn me with in Aptos?

That was a nice little unit. Well built, thats why I bought their spotting machine on wheels.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Cleaning and FPAing ten Yacht cushions on this rainy afternoon..

Love this EDIC Galaxy 2000View attachment 69127 for this sort of stuff.

Great performance.. two triple stage vacs, 500 psi and heat off two cords
I do like EDIC's machines but let me get this straight. You are running 2-3stage vacs and a 500 psi pump on 1 cord? The heater on another? Sure you don't have 3 cords going?

Reactions: Willy P
Name
Jeff T
I do like EDIC's machines but let me get this straight. You are running 2-3stage vacs and a 500 psi pump on 1 cord? The heater on another? Sure you don't have 3 cords going?
Screw on board heat...... I run a Hydroforce HF2000 Inline...... Just hook it up to an outlet far, far, away......

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
No, I didn't. I bet it would make even more difference.
When I built my aluminum monster, that's what I did. The vac motors mount on a manifold which goes into a 2 inch standpipe. Tremendous airflow. I have had 175 ft of 2 inch hose on it in one of my buildings. You do lose a lot with that kind of hose run but still much more powerful than a standard portable. I like the EDIC because of the external heater setup but they should equip their dual 3 stage machines with 2 inch plumbing. You can still downsize it to 1 1/2 inch if you want using a reducing cuff.

Name
Nate W.
must be the small vac motors. The large ones take 13.5 amps each.

I was honestly surprised with the performance of the EDIC when I seen it at MF Santa Cruz.... It had great recovery when we hooked up the Zipper jr to it.... The 1 1/2" hose barb is the best, and the other complaint people said was the handle too short making it hard to take up stairs... The suction of it running on 1 cord was pretty good...

And I'm a porty user also, I grew up on them...

Reactions: Old Coastie
Name
jack zerkie
I have the same unit and it's well worth the money for a porty. Cleans great the handle is low and the weight is disturbed wrong making it very hard to pull up stairs anybody else feel the same or is it just my old age. I have no problem putting it in my express van no ramp. jz.

Name
Jeff T
Did you do it? Chop Chop?
I found out that my porty has 2 dual stage vac motors.... 94cfm, and 150" of lift..... I want to not only change the vac hose, but add bigger vac motors..... I've been very busy this week, did a triple header T&G job on tues, and did uph till the cows came home today..... Got a big birthday party for my daughter this weekend. 45 people coming to my house(oh, how fun)........ Anywho, I will report back as soon as I have a plan for the porty...... Chop, chop..... Oh yeah, it's happening..✂️✂️

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I found out that my porty has 2 dual stage vac motors.... 94cfm, and 150" of lift..... I want to not only change the vac hose, but add bigger vac motors..... I've been very busy this week, did a triple header T&G job on tues, and did uph till the cows came home today..... Got a big birthday party for my daughter this weekend. 45 people coming to my house(oh, how fun)........ Anywho, I will report back as soon as I have a plan for the porty...... Chop, chop..... Oh yeah, it's happening..✂️✂️
Awesome, Hey, I'm glad to hear you're working. Same here. I've been slammed and am very thankful. I'm saving my money for Mikey's Fest. This week has not been a financially sound week for me. I bought that Box Truck and am buying the Orbot Vibe. Lord, please stop dangling shiny objects in front of me.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Your vac motors are probably 5.7 inch. You can buy replacement 3 stage motors but they will be a little taller. Measure to see if they will fit. You will need to add a extra power cord. Put one vac and the pump on 1 cord and the other vac on the other. When you are done, you will have an awesome machine.

Reactions: vibra-vacster
Name
Jeff T
Awesome, Hey, I'm glad to hear you're working. Same here. I've been slammed and am very thankful. I'm saving my money for Mikey's Fest. This week has not been a financially sound week for me. I bought that Box Truck and am buying the Orbot Vibe. Lord, please stop dangling shiny objects in front of me.
You and me both..... My wife has temporarily taken away my company CC.... @ this time of year, things get slow, I get bored, and start to buy new toys.... Damn you slow times, damn you.......

Name
Jeff T
Your vac motors are probably 5.7 inch. You can buy replacement 3 stage motors but they will be a little taller. Measure to see if they will fit. You will need to add a extra power cord. Put one vac and the pump on 1 cord and the other vac on the other. When you are done, you will have an awesome machine.
It's an Esteam E1200...... I haven't even cracked the case to look yet....

Name
Nate W.
That's a little harder to work with. Your pump takes one power cord all to itself. You might want to leave it alone for hard surfaces and find an older machine to modify.

The only down side on used machines is the rotomolded bodies crack is some places... I've had 3 develop a crack in different places, 2 I believe was behind the switch panel... I look over the inside of the recovery tanks every time I rinse it out...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom