Stain in basement from water leak.

I have a job tommorow to clean a basement where some water leaked in around the edge of the carpet in one corner. The carpet has turned brownish black from soil and mud and possibly mold. I was going to mix up some TLC and OSR and let it dwell and then rinse with my upholstery tool. If the stain doesn't come out I might apply some peroxide. How would you approach this? The carpet is shag style synthetic blend.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I would go around a second time with a Coffee/Tannin spotter to put the area on the acid side because of the water browning. Get that sucker dry really quickly.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Mix up some O2 prespray and give the area good doucing after a good either dry prevac if its dry or dry stroke with the truckmount if its wet. After some dwell time extract and treat the residual. If they suspect mold, you may be better off lifting the corner. Replacing the little bit of pad, cleaning and sealing the floor and tacstrip or replace it if you have to. treat the back and front of the carpet. Dry it and reinstall it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom