Staining under office mats

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by Matt Wood, Apr 27, 2017.

By Matt Wood on Apr 27, 2017 at 5:20 PM
  1. Matt Wood
    Matt Wood

Name:
    matt wood
    The foundation has no vapor barrier underneath, making it wet. I doubt this is off gassing. So is it browning or mildew?

How would you fix this? IMG_0498.JPG

Comments

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by Matt Wood, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Cleanworks
      Cleanworks

Name:
      Ron Marriott
      Something like chemspec browning treatment, which has a mild reducing agent is always the first thing you should try. Does no harm and often solves the problem immediately. I do corrective cleaning for one of the largest rental machine companies, where people have over wet their carpets and that is the first chemical I apply. Spray it on, agitate lightly, rinse with neutral cleaner and lightly spray before you leave. I rarely pull out peroxide on those jobs. Severe staining may need a second spray.
      Matt Wood likes this.
    2. Matt Wood
      Matt Wood

Name:
      matt wood
      Mr buff-a-rug ,several posts before this one, suggested a peroxide in the encap, which made me make that decision on the peroxide. I wish I took Mary's smart ass comments seriously. That seems to have had a better chance. I was gambling on the chance it would be mildew from the moisture below.
    3. Nate The Great
      Nate The Great

Name:
      Nate W.
      I think you gamble everyday pulling a trailer....:lol: Youz seems like a betting man....

I heard was-mart needs the entry cleaned again...:stir:
      Matt Wood likes this.
    4. Nomad74
      Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
      Damon
      That reminds me, I never got back to Goodwill with my $100 bid for their entry way. Damn, I might go out of business now.
      Matt Wood likes this.
    5. Robseyes
      Robseyes

Name:
      Bob
      That is a tough one. I'm with Pemberton, I haven't had a ton of success on jobs like those. Most of the time you are just making it better. You gotta give the cimex a chance. I was like you and resisted while the Jon Don guys were chirping at me to buy one. I finally did and......wow!
      Sir James and Cleanworks like this.
    6. Matt Wood
      Matt Wood

Name:
      matt wood
      @Desk Jockey , and whoever else is hardcore VLM... Would a quarterly cimex program prevent this problem from occurring? They've replaced this carpet and I'm thinking about talking to them about it. If you remember,
      There's no moisture barrier underneath this concrete, which is the cause of this browning. But this carpet is over 10 years old. That would make me look like an asshole to them if they say yes, on the cimexing and these spots come back on the new carpet.

And how should I price it with a cimex quarterly? What percentage of my normal HWE price should I go by. I know the benefit for the customer is each time a cimex job is done, is the cost of doing the job.

And this is a financial institution. I need to show them something on paper how cimexing will protect their "investment" of all this new carpet in the long run. So is there any brochures or something fancy out there for me to give to them?

If they say yes to this, I'll be getting a cimex in a couple weeks, because they have 3 big buildings with new carpet that'll be enough reason to open the cimex part of our business
      Nomad74 likes this.
    7. Old Coastie
      Old Coastie

Supportive Member

Name:
      Stephen
      Matt, Excellent Supply has a course on approaching companies. It is deceptively simple and it works.
    8. Cleanworks
      Cleanworks

Name:
      Ron Marriott
      It's simply deceptive and it works? Matt. You sometimes can't correct installation problems with cleaning. Plastic chair mats may trap moisture causing browning, cloth mats may transfer preservatives to the carpet causing yellowing. Any mat at all will keep the area underneath cleaner than the surrounding areas and will be evident when furniture is moved. Sometimes, it's a no win situation.