"Stainmaster given lifetime warranty"

hogjowl

Idiot™
Floor Covering News, July 16th edition ... "For the first time in its 25 year history, carpets made with Stainmaster on or after July 1 will carry a lifetime warranty on all food and beverage stains, soiling, static-shock and stains caused by pet urine."

Make sure you have all your p's and q's lined up, or you know we (the cleaner) will be the fall guy when the product fails.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Is there fine print i.e. replacement based on a depreciated scale?
If 5% a year it would be 100% depreciated after 20 years.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am almost certain their will be limitations in the fine print.

Even their dealers probably won't have a copy of the actual warranty, or even be aware of the fine print.

The article does not say.

Name
Brad Gouveia
Marty said:
I am almost certain their will be limitations in the fine print.

Even their dealers probably won't have a copy of the actual warranty, or even be aware of the fine print.

The article does not say.

No one will have to buy carpet ever again it sounds like.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It reminds me of the buzz regarding the newer polyester fiber. While it's the same old polyester, the new extrusion process is supposed to make it a more viable fiber. I was doubtful in the beginning, but the more of it that I clean, the more impressed I am.

The article regarding the new Stainmaster warranty mentions that there is nothing new about the product, but just a renewed emphasis related to it's durability.

S

sam miller

Ken Snow said:
Is there fine print i.e. replacement based on a depreciated scale?
If 5% a year it would be 100% depreciated after 20 years.

I bet thats true Lifetime is subjective.

Most carpets last 10 years plus depreciation blah blah blah

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I got a look at a woman's warranty book the other day from Shaw and it says NO topical treatments. I'm not sure of the brand new warranty.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the warrantees are all well and good, however, the carpet WILL soil, it WILL develop a traffic lane if only by reflecting light differently.

Some have an odour guarantee so when we get a call to clean for pet urine issues, they mention the warrantee. They shouldn't need to call us if the warrantee did what they said it did.

In the end we need to be able to clean these carpets without the owner coming back on us claiming we damaged their carpets. Once again, it would be nice for the manufacturers to work WITH those that have to maintain their product.

We know that topicals ie protector, CAN help with repelling soils and oils. The carpet may not stain being extrusion made but if we can keep the soils from sticking to the fibres it will clean better.

steve_64

i clean so much 20 to 30 year old carpet i doubt this will be much of an issue for me.

it might be time to start marketing to a better clientel now that i have more experience and feel more confident about my abilities.

my average job is a rat nasty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom