Stanley Steemer Door Jam

Walt

Nice video. Even the wand looked great. If I were a consumer I would think that looked pretty good. I wonder how that compares to reality?

Is Stanley Steemer really doing all of that? Moving furniture? Pre Vac? Grooming? Corner Guards?

Daniel , I have no Idea where to get the jam. But thank you for the link to the ss site. Very impressive, no wonder ss is so profitable/busy. Made me want to book with them. Prices were good. No bait and switch. Very impressive in my little brain, and I mean little. Thanks, Ron

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It looks alot like the one kleenpro sells on ebay for 74 dollars plus shipping. Not sure if it is exactly that one but like i said it looks to be identical.

Item number for ebay is #350142965462

CapeCleaner

dealtimeman said:
.......74 dollars plus shipping.
A large rubber door stop purchased for a few dollars does the same thing. I keep a couple in my van.

By the way, this is not an original idea on my part. I saw it mentioned on here while reading through past threads. Just another reason to belong to the World's Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
my door jam is a spotting kit or hydroforce I do have the wrapo around door protector to keep the heat in or cold in depending on the season

Al

I actually have one of those door jams but not sure where we got it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that is just a door stop dave. Unfortunately in our business we come in contact with many different heights etc on the door that is why the push bar stanley steemer has is pretty good. I personally use one of my work items

M

Mr Carpet

Matt,

If you check the site you'll see that the door stop will work on many types of doors in multiple ways, to keep them open or closed. Plus it will look more professional the using a work item.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I bought a few. It doesn't work on high doors just like door stops don't. If you clean enough carpet you will learn that doors are many different heights from the floor or you have to work off a screen door. Please tell me how unprofessional an open stain kit ready to use at the door is unprofessional? I don't tell them that I am holding the door closed with the kit or supplies. It looks as the door protector is self sufficient.

Since you use that product what do you do with a door that is 2 inches off the ground ?

I was interested in the door jam in the video because I like how it was strapped to the door. It looks to be of better quality than the one on the Jon-Don website. I have been researching a lot of websites. Unfortunately, most of the carpet cleaning websites I see really suck. They look so amatuer. I would estimate the SS website to cost around 25-30k to have one built like that. It is definetly the most professional website I have seen. Even the videos on protection and deodorizer etc. look awesome.

I did get a call from a potential customer today needing 3 rooms cleaned. He told me he called SS and they quoted him a price of 79 dollars. I said "Are you sure you called SS?" They advertise 99 dollars and that is the price on the website. I told him that I could not pre-vac, pre-spot, and move furniture for that price, but I could do a basic cleaning for 79 dollars or a complete cleaning for 149. I guess the economy is hurting even SS. My business is better than it has ever been thanks to my regular customers. Thank God my yellow page ad is ending this month. I know I will still get calls from this ad like 4 years from now, but I will never do any kind of mass market advertising again. I will strictly target the customers I want to work for.

I can't tell you how good it feels to have almost no bills. My equipment is paid for. I have enough chemicals to get me through the next 6 months. Trucks are paid for. No more advertisng. I can work when I want to and take as much time off as I want and I will still be able to make really good money. I hope to work only 3 days a week and make more this year than last year. I am going to the lake every weekend this summer. Unbelievable.

T

The Magician

Magic Wand has a cheap door jam kit with door stop for $39.95. Most dist want $79-115. Check out that big bad MW TM 320 for only $18,999. High heat, 59 blower and 350 chev eng.

Spurling

I noticed the narrator of the video says SS puts everything back the way they found it when they're done .. looks like they unrolled the area rug back onto the wet carpet .. must be some kinda magic dry trick .. I also remember seeing that on a Checkmate video ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom