STANLEY STEEMER.........Your FIRED

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thank goodness I haven't had to deal with Stan Steam as my competitor yet. The closest I got to competing with them was one time my customer tried to tell me that Stan had gave them a quote of $$$. I told them Stan isn't even in our area. If they were to come this far, it'd be twice as much $$$

Stan has google looking around everywhere for people talking about them. The more we say their name, they might come on here and get our wise knowledge, LOL. So don't say the full name. THEY'RE WATCHING YOU!!!!!

Reactions: ProSteamCarpetCare

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I got rid of them from Cairns just with my reputation.

Even before they thought about moving their ops; to Australia. :lol:

As Mikey said, WOW, what a Flashback.

Some familiar names that one doesn't see here anymore. :winky: :stir:

:yoda:

Justin T

Name
Justin Teerlink
I think you've got nothing to lose! Bottom line: if you're going to do a good job, and your techs are going to be easier to work with, go for it! I think doing a free demo is the way to go. Don't be afraid to call and tell them what you've heard and offer them a FREE test run!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
LOL, I've Come around several times. I'm dizzy actually.

Nah, I'm about 5years away from my next goal. Instead of moving everything from my trailer to a box truck, I'll just make the trailer a backup and invest in a new Box Truck/Slide in unit.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
But yes, when all you creepy van drivers are stuck in the mud spinning that back wheel, I'll be pulling my trailer out of that rough driveway in 4X4

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
LOL, I've Come around several times. I'm dizzy actually.

Nah, I'm about 5years away from my next goal. Instead of moving everything from my trailer to a box truck, I'll just make the trailer a backup and invest in a new Box Truck/Slide in unit.
Although a box truck is nice for the space it gives you, you may want to compare fuel mileage and parking ability with a van instead.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Although a box truck is nice for the space it gives you, you may want to compare fuel mileage and parking ability with a van instead.
Nah, fuel is a very small part of our business expenses. If it's worse than my diesel pickup truck, then I'll just adjust my price on my services a little bit. And I'm too spoiled on the amount of room in my trailer to size down to a van.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If it works for you, it's a nice way to go. Keep checking those government auction sites like Nate did. He got a killer deal.

Name
Nate W.
Gov

government auction sites???

https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/

Go to browse by location.. Click on your state.. It gets updated pretty often.. I check it periodically.. The last auction they had in my state was 211 vans, trucks, cars and some heavy equipment.. It's a good way to find a pretty decent deal..

I got lucky on the one I scored.. It's funny how the universe gives me what I'm looking for.. I siezed my van motor and was looking for a box truck for a few months and finally came across the deal I found..

Off topic, I was looking for a bigger TM and someone is selling one, but I want to make sure it's operational before I purchase it.. A Prochem Everest 408 Nissan Carburetor model with 3,400 hours on it.. Hopefully it works out.. It's pretty rare to find TM for sale here..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom