State Farm preferred vendor!

Name
John
Just looking for a little insight or advice on State Farm vendor list. Feel like we’re missing out on a lot of work due to people filing claims with the 1 800 number or online and service master or others get dispatched. Tell me what you know

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Two more today. It's just that time of year.

20180118_150241.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The customer always has the right to choose their service provider. Somehow, you have to be able to reach them. If you are first on the job, you will at least get the emergency part of the claim. Once the insurance adjuster gets involved, he may persuade the client to switch to their preferred vendor. They don't have to follow the vendors advice but many do. One avenue is to pursue plumbing companies for referrals. They are often first on the job. Here, several plumbing companies have gotten into the restoration business as they see how profitable it is. To get on the preferred vendor list of an insurance company, you often have to jump through hoops and go by their rules.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We don't market to plumbers. That avenue has been ruined here. They want huge bucks just a referral. :oldrolleyes:

That just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We give anything to plumbers but excellent work for their clients. :winky:

Water Glue Down .jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We don't market to plumbers. That avenue has been ruined here. They want huge bucks just a referral. :oldrolleyes:

That just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We give anything to plumbers but excellent work for their clients. :winky:

View attachment 77009
I used to have 2 that would refer me just because. I would in turn refer them to my customers as well. Currently I do the same with several small cleaning lady outfits. In the last few years, we have had 3 large plumbing companies go into restoration. I hear they give commissions to other plumbing companies for the restoration referral. I would never pay anyone anything for a referral. The people I refer to my customers is because I believe they can do the job.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
I could write and speak on this subject for a week running and never cover it all. I have been on vendor programs in the past and will never and I mean ever, be on a program again. At least not while they are as hostile towards restorers as they currently are.

Do what Chavez and others are doing, myself included and build your brand as one that serves the end user. There is plenty of work out there for Cat's who aren't doing program work. You simply have to be good at what you do and work each job as though you are wanting the customer to become a raving fan of your brand.

As far as plumbers are concerned - what a joke! I have written and spoken on this particular topic many times throughout the years and saw it coming long before many others. Yep, plumbers getting into the water damage game. It was no surprise to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom