Static rugs...what are they?

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I picked up a new account today, and they asked me if I had ever heard of static rugs for the entries into commercial buildings. He wants to get the ones that they come and swap it on a routine basis, and he wants to get his company logo on them.
It peaked my curiosity as I've never heard of them. How are they cleaned in a way that would not alter the static properties?

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Anyone?!
He says someone was trying to sell him these static rugs that supposedly attract the dirt from people's feet and "pulls it into the rug"......

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Haha! Right?! I've been trying to find any info on them and can't, I'm thinking the guy was bullshitting him.
I sent him a link to Cintas for their walk off mats.
This new account is a big Vape shop/lounge. It's pretty cool! 2 pool tables, 2 nice TV lounges with sofas and comfy chaise lounges, a small kitchen...the works.
It's close to me and very easy access. Love those easy accounts!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You can get rugs / walk-off mats that have carbon fibers among the tufts. These are often used in electronic places to reduce static charge that may be formed when people walk around and shuffle their feet.. However, the idea of static pulling soil into the mat is a new pitch for me.

I would be cautious of introducing any of your clients to Cintas. Cintas does have a division that looks for commercial carpet cleaning acocunts.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Yeah, I know they do cleaning as well, and normally I would not recommend them, but this account is a lock for me. I've known the owner for a long time and have been cleaning for him and his family for years. I had the lock on this account before he even opened the doors this week.
I learned about the anti-static rugs last night while researching it, and I know that's not what he was looking for.
I think he was looking for something that would not be feasible as an entry mat. I saw woven static rugs made from mostly wool. They are colorful and artsy which is why he wants them, as he wanted to have them made with a design. But it's not something that would be practical and there is no company that I know of that would pick them up weekly and swap them out etc.

Reactions: J Scott W

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
What I read above, sounds like he simply wants a walk off mat program using his logo for the design and a program in place to have them swapped out with clean ones. Any walk off mat is going to help stop soil at the entrances to the work place. If there is no one local that offers that service and you are a sure sell on doing his service work, I would work with them to have a couple sets made up using a company such as this: http://www.americanfloormats.com/logo-floor-mats/?gclid=CMzBzePWosoCFQEcaQod9NQDzA

There are of course several companies that make these so this is just one example, but if he invests in the rugs (which most companies would make you do anyways for custom logo walk offs), then you could offer the service part to swap them out once a week and clean the dirty set in between at your leisure. It would provide a needed service to him and it keeps your company in front of them so they schedule a little more often for the cleaning of the bigger areas. Just my .02 though.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Anti-static is something, otherwise just search for logo mats. They'll "attract" soil.

Maybe they want rugs that are static, dude. Meaning they'll stay in place. Don't know the doper lingo, just sounds like something Shaggy might say.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
What I read above, sounds like he simply wants a walk off mat program using his logo for the design and a program in place to have them swapped out with clean ones. Any walk off mat is going to help stop soil at the entrances to the work place. If there is no one local that offers that service and you are a sure sell on doing his service work, I would work with them to have a couple sets made up using a company such as this: http://www.americanfloormats.com/logo-floor-mats/?gclid=CMzBzePWosoCFQEcaQod9NQDzA

There are of course several companies that make these so this is just one example, but if he invests in the rugs (which most companies would make you do anyways for custom logo walk offs), then you could offer the service part to swap them out once a week and clean the dirty set in between at your leisure. It would provide a needed service to him and it keeps your company in front of them so they schedule a little more often for the cleaning of the bigger areas. Just my .02 though.
I sent him this link and it seems to be the winner! I let him know that the static rugs would not be a great idea as they are woven and for the amount of traffic he will be getting it would not be worth it for the designs he wanted. He thought that these woven rugs would be artistic and fun for entry mats. I told him there are more practical ways to add artistic features to his store..lol. He agreed.
Thank you for the info!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom