Stinker Wool Rug

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You know I'd till give the Skunk Out a try on this rug, its a general deoderizer for various types of organic waste.

Here is the procedure to give a try ( think you said the rug was relatively colorfast) Spray the rug front and back with the Anti Allergen Deoderizer from Masterblend. Let it dwell for 30 minutes then mix up a bucket of skunk out with about 32 oz to five gallons. Poor half on the back of the rug in a pit, work it over with a soft brush really quick. Then flip and poor the rest on the pile of the rug. Flood the rug with cold water. use a roller, soft brush, or glided wand head(not attached to a vac or solution line) and work the rug back and forth forcing the chemistry continually through the face fibers. Let it sit for an hour and then roll it again. If you see stuff coming out of the rug other than dye, then keep working it every hour until the water becomes over saturated or until stuff stops coming out. Then dump the water and extract it the moisture out. Rinse it until it rinses clear again and extract and dry as quick as possible.

If this doesn't take the smell away, then there is some serious rot in the rug, and it will be next to impossible to remove as the foundation and wool fibers are slowly decomposing.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Where do I get skunk out?
I have some odorside on the way and it says it is safe for wool ???

Thank You

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Masterblend carries Skunk Out as well as the anti allerge deoderizer. Its similar to odorcide but alittle more economical and designed just for organic waste odors, like those from urine, skunks, fecal problems, mildew etc. Plus it has enough solvency in it that it works very well to clean the rug as well so if you have any rugs in the future for urine decontamination, this product is a great standalone product that works for us on all urine problem rugs that would be safely be washed.

-JB-

Name
JB
pfft.gif

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I wish someone in our area would carry something other than prochem, chemspec or cti.

I will place a order and report back after I clean

Thank you for all your help

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
It's done.

Used the master blend products and cleaned it and flushed it till it ran clear.

Laid it out and filled a vac hose with water hooked it together and put it around the edges of the rug and placed a blower under it. This was my sons idea and it worked good.

Thank you guys for all your help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom