stinky resturant carpet question and opinions..fast please

TimP

My opinion would be to put down some Judson DD-12 lightly, just to make it smell better and force dry like stated above. Make sure they keep their heat or air running and fan dry it as much as possible.

It's probably wet somewhere.

davegill said:
i got a call from a local resturant asking if we could please come fix what the last cleaner did. on christmas eve the guy came in with a port and some grease eraser and went to town, i get the call on sat because it is still wet and smells like ass...really bad, to the point that customers are walking out. i go out sat afternoon and yes it stinks bad..smells like wet resturant carpet..(it is a wing joint) about 1100 sqft of cgd. i re clean and add 2 oz per gallon of quat..mand the carpet was night and day cleaner and the smell was 95% gone..i set up 3 blowers and left..i checked in with him this morning and he said it was so much better but was still just a little bit there..no walk outs or even mentions from customers but the staff and him still had a little twinge.
should i go back and just lay down some more quat at 2oz per gallon and let it work its magic? i dont because it was wet for 3 days festering that it is in the system and needs to just air out or if it is there head. i am going to go back out there as soon as i get my game plan down, if i am going to just quat it i will go out there tonight just before they close so it can sit all night with blowers on..
thanks
dave

DAVE,
Do you have any Quat-A-Lot or DD-12 ?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ok here we are..the concrete is still wet in many places. i told them to turn the ac down and leave it down as i instructed them to the first time, then i sprayed the microban (the blue stuff) i told them to leave the blowers (3) running all night and move them when the opend..set them back up when they close and i would be back tues am with a air path and if needed i will re spray ether micro ban or some quat. the first app of quat was a 2oz per gallon and it made it 90% better.
i told them it may take a week to dry out the way it needs to be done.
on a side note i cant stand drunks..what a pain in the ass..i called 911 on a guy that was stumbling out the door with a kid in tow. seeing all the asshole drunks leaving to their cars made me sick..
stay home and get drunk dont put me, my family and friends and the rest of the world in danger..i hope he gets his kid taken from him

now on a happy note..thanks for everyone's help and ideas. it is nice to bounce things off of others to think of things that are missed or over looked..
i will post up how long it takes to dry it out.
dave

ps.. less i ALWAYS have some quat on my truck, matter of fact i need to send you a check as i look at your bill on my desk.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Regarding the Microban CCS and 12.2...

Don't be fooled by pH numbers. Its the amount of buffering agents that make a product "safe" or "unsafe" for wool and SR, not simpy the pH.

We owe Jim Smith alot for having the courage to bring this up repeatedly until now the old
"4.5-8.5" mantra is being replaced with "products formulated for wool carpet".

The same thing goes with the "10 or under is safe for stain resistant carpet". There are things under 10 that are so highly buffered they'll strip the SR right off of a carpet, and products over 10 that won't.

Sorry for the rant, but I've got 23 years of inaccurate cleaning product advice I have to make up for, and I'm doing it every chance that I get.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program.........

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Jim Pemberton said:
Regarding the Microban CCS and 12.2...

Don't be fooled by pH numbers. Its the amount of buffering agents that make a product "safe" or "unsafe" for wool and SR, not simpy the pH.

We owe Jim Smith alot for having the courage to bring this up repeatedly until now the old
"4.5-8.5" mantra is being replaced with "products formulated for wool carpet".

The same thing goes with the "10 or under is safe for stain resistant carpet". There are things under 10 that are so highly buffered they'll strip the SR right off of a carpet, and products over 10 that won't.

I was thinking that same thing, but didn't have the words or the knowhow to put it together. Thanks Jim.

Back
Top Bottom