Stone Pro "EMP" Miracle in a cup.

Mikey P

Administrator
If you do any stone work at all you want a cup of this on the truck.

When you're polishing floors and can't get into corners or near edges this magic NON ACIDIC powder will polish those areas to with just a white pad or a cotton terry towel and moderate hand pressure.
Light etch marks on counters are easily removed in no time at all. Doing so should be your conversation starter to introduce your restoration service to home owners.

"Mrs Pfit, I noticed some etch marks on your bathroom counter, would you like to me to remove those for you?....Oh no cost at all Mam, those things just drive me nuts and I'm sure they do to you to, I'm happy to fix it for you.

Huh, what? oh sure, we do stone restoration a lot, we're not just about cleaning carpet, I thought you knew that............................ you have 10,00 feet of limestone with the the same etch marks going on at your Tahoe home that needs looking at you say? sure! when would you like to meet up there?"

_RwxoMpQ2o0kMrScJb29uTfd6dcnQh2PCB5NrQW4ROE4Rjwi3QHR75v24iGKqcLFeGCWDbF866VOKgvbEEc_G6M9H2xmmTh2S8AlvKuARP4yaPUonkt4xgyDlUU85TIfCIS4PsuXJ0hMM0lO9Lcst2J-6F0ETOJeGibC0I78SqBkg93mDOOXvP-Ndv7vtSomqhBT0I4pguQgqcw0YWEbwMz_DbulzRu_dbsri0WE_lPoeBtjRlT3cTrUxGdet11IqE74YKIJ57_6Yi2s1I5dNGXY4rJrsVUb9Yy1ZJQ50F6BmI7xoKoa88MkviFc0vvDo8F8UuXMYfmnT8stli5Oh-8w1kx3XZeIUKXdcve5vRWuhQtcHDIvq2Aw1CVERX6pMit8IYyyPWMxxwP2PawxZR1SD5sffBHHGbnRpWbaH4k7vz3zXoaA4Yx0qNTeBs3H6bpTDLc2Mb0RmNLp0emfpU6nxjuLqigK-dHkw_hrqKQj1to_LrKEbYTZRpCzk2PtBkmuTXOSlX_e4SFfylO9igs26Z49stfQIidwcTKI1ply4Tiz9RLTbgx5LRGDfjXymrwGeQ=w560-h995-no

Name
cameron demille
FYI emp is definitely not non-acidic. It contains oxalic acid, like just about every other polishing powder. Most polishing powders will work this way, fold a microfiber or teri towel into a couple of layers around your finger, moisten it, dip in the powder and rub aggressively into the surface like a paste.

actual non acidic compounds take a very long time to polish or require a tremendous amount of pressure/friction to polish. Like using pure tin oxide on granite, it's a much more physically involved process than something like MB-20

Name
cameron demille
Mike,

it has acid in it, and it will etch, although not as easily as other powders. It's in the way it's made. This is similar to MB-22. It is made a specific way to drastically reduce etch splatters.

There are fine powders, grainy powders and gritty powders, pastes as well. The grit or grain you feel in them is the acid. If it's a fine powder with little to no texture, the acid is powder instead of crystals, it's been pulverized. This is all oxalic acid.

The finer the grain, the hotter the powder. The larger the grain, the "less acidic" the powder is, or at least it just appears that way. This is because finer granules dissolve much faster in water, making the overall solution hot. The larger crystals take a lot longer to dissolve, making the overall solution less hot. This doesn't necessarily mean there is more or less acid. You can have something like MB-22 with large acid chunks that is a very mild powder have more physical acid content than something like our Dynamite 5X, which seems very hot, because it dissolves immediately in the water, instantly giving you an active solution.

The other factor too, is how much acid there is in the powder. You can adjust the aggressiveness of powders by the acid content, and the size of the acid crystal.

If the EMP didn't etch, it wouldn't polish like it does.

MB-22 is the original "chunk" powder. I have a picture of the raw powder here: http://www.easystonecare.com/MB-22-Marble-Terrazzo-Polishing-Compound-p/mb-22.htm

MB-22 used to be actually much more chunky than that, but it has since been made a little finer.

Name
cameron demille
nothing like that at all. it's fine to use. it says non etching because of the way it is formulated. mb-22 and emp are similar, in that they don't etch when they splatter into surrounding areas. they might, on some very delicate stones like onyx or negro marquina, but in general they won't.

it goes back to the large crystals not diluting in the water very well. so when they get stuck under the pad they are there to polish, but when the solution splatters it's not that aggressive

all powders that Polish are acidic and will etch to a certain extent, that's part of how they work. non acidic polishing powders are Bullshit and should be thrown in the trash. except a few oxide powders, but you need to know exactly what you're doing with them and that's another conversation

if emp works for you and you like it, there's nothing wrong with using it.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
It is another tool you must carry if your going to be stone refinsher

Just like mb12

Mb 22 works great on sentative stones. I have been doing a lot of thassos lately, and it is only hot polish that will work, others ypthan cold polished. However it will still etch thassos if not careful
Stone scrub will etch thassos

On travertine's it is too slow to polish

Also polishing only an etch may not remove only hide it for period of time.

IMHO, Until you run into a Marble that tests your sanity, you have crossed that line.

Reactions: Mikey P

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
BTW

Excellent description Cameron

I think Stu explained it to me like it's a onion (mb22)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom