Stone Pro Stone Scrub

Mikey P

Administrator
20130508_110636_zps45aea05f.jpg

Really works as claimed on Granite in removing hard water build up, (crusty white stuff around the fixtures) detergent residues, soil, grease etc. No machine needed just a Hogs Hair pad and some elbow grease.

Unfortunately it would not get out the burn marks from hot pots and pans that you can see next to the range but the customer was thrilled nonetheless.

20130508_113105_zps54a9245b.jpg

Get you some!

Name
cameron demille
Stone Scrub is awesome, but it won't physically polish granite. It will get all the crap off the surface, but granite is too hard. Those spots next to the range will come out, but it's much more involved. I am going to try it on my truck this weekend, I have some hard water spots on the paint. I already use it on the glass and it's awesome. Shower glass as well.

We recently got a job to refinish a marble shower that had soap scum and hard water. We hit it with Stone Scrub and a machine and the marble was like new. No diamonds or polishing powder.

Reactions: Mikey P

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
The Stone Scrub won't polish marble or granite but by removing minerals, detergents and other impurities less light is deflected. The result in more light being reflected is a better polish.

Mikey P

Administrator
gotcha.

definitely a chem worth keeping on the truck at all times so I can be a stone counter superhero at the spur of a moment.

Name
cameron demille
The stone scrub polished the marble???

Sorry I should have clarified.

MOST of the time, in showers, the marble is not actually damaged. The dead giveaway for chemical damage is run marks from the shower head area on down. Most of the time you just see spots everywhere. It's the water drying on the surface of the stone because the homeowner doesn't squeegee. These spots don't clean off. You can polish them off with a polishing compount because the acid in the compounds will eat away the mineral deposits and the abrasives will re-polish or ensure that the shine is preserved.

With Stone Scrub, it is abrasive enough to remove the junk from the surface of polished marble, but not too abrasive to disturb the polished finish. So what you're actually doing with the stone scrub, is skimming everything off the surface to reveal the marble underneath, which was basically preserved by the water deposits and soap scum buildup.

Soap scum and hard water looks terrible, but it actually protects the polished finish.

Stone Scrub is a great starting point and a great way to get the feel of polishing a shower without diving head first into polishing powders and diamonds.

Name
cameron demille
Does it work on formica and linoleum?

I don't see why not. If it doesn't hurt polished marble it certainly won't hurt those two materials. It's an extremely versatile product with the perfect about of abrasion. It's cheap, you get a lot of it, it's foolish not to have one bottle on the truck.

Reactions: Mikey P

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I'm always amazed at how much of a difference just taking the deposits off the counters makes. Stone scrub is awesome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom