Stopped by hoMe dePOT tonight

Mikey P

Administrator
Thought I'd look at that new Bissell meAt is raving about.

Pretty cheesy looking but I'm sure the lack of filters must be a blessing. I'm surprised Dyson didn't trademark the "Cyclonic" term in reference to vacuum cleaners. Dyson wants at least $457 for a suck mop while the Cyclonic Bissells can be had for $99. Will either of them last long with all that cheap plastic?

Speaking of Dysons, the bristols on the new Ultimate model are amazingly aggressive. Felt like I was petting a damn cactus. In this day and age I have to at least day dream about a conspiracy between Mr Dyson and the Mills to create a vacuum that prematurely wears out the carpet while cleaning it at the same time..

Speaking of worn out, I looked at the rolls of wtw carpet they had on the spinner and the .57 a foot olefin Berber already looks 7 years old. It's list of perks claimed 10 year projected wear. I guess the trip from Georgia to California was a hard one. The .67 a foot Nylon looked as thin as Becker's comb over but I suppose it would do for a unused guest bed room.

Speaking of hard, I was amazed at how many types of ceramic tiles that can be had for the same price as cleaning. Nice looking stuff and a good enough selection for me. I'm not that picky.

Back to the Bissells, they also had a "All Floors" model that has a brush roll on/off switch. other then a smaller dirt cup then the Momentum, it's virtually the same for a extra 9 bucks. Could be worth it.

I'll have to think about it.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Check out the vacs at sears. Progressive models from $150 to $300. They suck great and lights show you when the carpet is clean. Extended warranties for $15 a year covers everything.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
Back to the Bissells, they also had a "All Floors" model that has a brush roll on/off switch. other then a smaller dirt cup then the Momentum, it's virtually the same for a extra 9 bucks. Could be worth it.

I looked at that one too.
Personally, I don't like self adjusting vacs and prefer manual roll brush height adjust.

I really liked the roll brush on/off feature.
But after looking it over close and working it on and off a couple times, I was concerned that the cheap plastic lever would break in no time.

We put the new Bissel thru it's first real test yesterday.
A 7 month old "rental grade" cut pile nylon that was packed with animal hair,dander and mucho staple yarns.

Shane, being Shane, vaced the whole place and never emptied the dust cup once.
After the dust cup filled 3/4s full the fur/dander/yarn started filling in the top section above the cup, but it kept sucking and packing it in.
I cleared the top section this morning.
It was a piece of cake.
The plastic lid flips down and a column fur/fiber dropped out.
No monkeying around with pulling and cleaning the top thingie like with the old Bissel.
No lose of suck either

so far so good

..L.T.A.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Isn't it a blight on our industry and a sure sign regarding the relevancy of that particular standard when professional cleaners are shopping vacuum cleaners with housewives, at the same stores and for the same equipment?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
admiralclean said:
Isn't it a blight on our industry and a sure sign regarding the relevancy of that particular standard when professional cleaners are shopping vacuum cleaners with housewives, at the same stores and for the same equipment?

If i understand your question right, I wouldn't say it's a "blight" on the industry.
Just a fact that over priced "so called" professional pLaStIc vacs are for the most part no better than the ones at wal-mart.

personally, I'll base my buying decisions on performance and value.
No matter where it comes from

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Since we're discussing house wife vacuum cleaners do you have a favorite cake recipe?

LeeCory

"blight on the industry"

Imagine what people would think of carpet cleaners if they heard that we took our Bissells and spent 2 hours vacuuming a room of carpet.

In regard to the relevancy..... yes Marty... lol

Jimbo

I have customers calling up to find out what kind of vacuum I used...of course a Bissel Clearview...they noticed how nice the carpet looked after vacuuming...also saw their dirt swirling in the plastic cup...must have hypnotized them!

The special out of the ordinary part of vacuuming prior to cleaning is the fact that it is being done, not the type of vacuum.

Farenheit251

"A Blight on our industry"-more like a blight on our country. It is a shame that hype and marketing have more to do with the price than quality these days. It is not just vacuum cleaners,

That Dyson brush may be uber aggressive but for a professional trying to reverse 1-3 years of poor vacuuming in a short time one use shouldn't hurt. Can't see it being more aggressive than a rotary or GLS.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
In regards to that overpriced POS Dyson the overly aggressive brush hides the fact as presented by consumer's reports that it has mediocre suction to begin with.

Becker

Name
Becker
that must be some pretty thick nylon. what was the cost again.

tile is pretty cheap. it is the install that drives it up. I'd not even want to guess what a bust out and replace would run. Guess that is why we can get such a price for cleaning.

and chem dry stuff?

I was at lowes yesterday and thought I saw mikey. I thought, what the heck is he doing here. Turned out to be just a really ugly tall chick with her hand on her side between her hip and arm pit. wearing a back pack.

Farenheit251

I didn't like the overpriced pos Dyson either until I found one for free. It just kept picking up more than any other vac so I bought one. Your right it does have less suction than vacuums that pick up less soil.

Becker

Name
Becker
why are all you carpet cleaners worried about vacuums? ya have a 3, right?

damn, you are all sounding like a bunch of underpaid maids.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Why you're insulting the ultimate maid Mikey who has a tattoo of one right above his ass.

I believe they call them tramp stamps.

Becker

Name
Becker
I might get my hair cut pretty dang short at times, be never long enough for a comb over.

My hair line is no further back than yours My big Drunk/High buddy.

mikey.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Rescue said:
What is the model number or name brand of this new Bisell mEat?

it's called a Bissel Momentum, Joe

$99 at Home Depot

i'd pull up a link for you, but my puter is sick and i can't figure out how to do much of anything on my daughter's lap top

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom