strange think with my quick connects

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I wonder if this is a thing that happens to some of you as well.
I have standard brass quick connects for my pressure line and I usually start out my jobs doing the prespray with my hydroforce. After that I switch the pressure line over to my wand. Here's the strange thing that happens on almost every job. When the pressure line is hot and I want to switch to my stair tool for example sometimes I have to fiddle with it forever to get it connected.For some reason the lock will not engage.Other times I can't get the line back onto my wand or onto the hydroforce. I changed out all my male and female connectors on the tools to ones made by the same manufacturer, thinking it might solve the problem, but it doesn't. Sometimes I get through a job without this happening, but usually I don't.
Is there an explanation and possibly a solution for this? I would hate to not be able to finish a job because I cannot connect my pressure line. That would be embarrassing and a real drag.

Name
Nate W.
Sounds like a simple fix....

Do you have the "male" on your tools? "Female" on the hose that connects to the tool? If so, you need the shut off valve to be turned off, then release the pressure in the line by pressing the trigger. Only a little should come out. Then connect the other tool.

If you still got pressure coming out the line, then the shut off valve is no good. Does it only happen when it's hot? How old are the quick connects? Some people like to spray a lube in the female Q/C, (get your mind out of the gutter BrianR and Chavez) then connect them. It helps keep them coming off.

It could also be 2 different manufactures of Q/C's.... That might be it, but if it's only when it's hot, that shouldn't be the problem. Does the Q/C go on easy when you first start the day?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Like Nate said and check the male connector. The groove will become mushroomed out after awhile(especially the brass ones) and make it hard to get them together or apart.

PCCN

Ditto to these comments! Also, remember to regularly shoot a little WD-40 type lube in the female- keep it nice and slick.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Nate The Great said:
Sounds like a simple fix....

Do you have the "male" on your tools? "Female" on the hose that connects to the tool? If so, you need the shut off valve to be turned off, then release the pressure in the line by pressing the trigger. Only a little should come out. Then connect the other tool.

If you still got pressure coming out the line, then the shut off valve is no good. Does it only happen when it's hot? How old are the quick connects? Some people like to spray a lube in the female Q/C, (get your mind out of the gutter BrianR and Chavez) then connect them. It helps keep them coming off.

It could also be 2 different manufactures of Q/C's.... That might be it, but if it's only when it's hot, that shouldn't be the problem. Does the Q/C go on easy when you first start the day?

Great pointers! No Problems anymore.I shot off the valve, release the trigger then change over. Works perfectly unless I accidentally leave the valve in the on position.Then I insert a male QC into the female to release the pressure ( I know that sounds like it has nothing to do with carpet cleaning) :lol: . I recently changed over to a valve with a smaller handle and that works much better.
All my QCs are made by the same manufacturer. So WD 40 is good for keeping them operating well?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom