Sub work

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
I do some sub work for another company here in town from time to time.
I never know what to charge them, I want to be fair to them but make what I should for the services I provide.

This time I was called to come and help extract water on a large water job on Sunday night,
I was there 3 hours sucking water out of a hospital that had a small fire and the fire dept. flooded most of the bottom floor.

Most of the time on water extraction it would be hard to charge by the square foot because when the water is that deep, you might spend an hour in just one small area.

Like I said I don't want to make them mad with a large bill.
What would be a fair price to charge them?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We charge $95.00 an hour for the unit and then labor.

As a sub you can take 20% off of that since you don't invest anything to get the jobs.

Its a lot of wear & tear on your machine and your body. You deserve to be paid.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I do some sub work for another company here in town from time to time.
I never know what to charge them, I want to be fair to them but make what I should for the services I provide.

This time I was called to come and help extract water on a large water job on Sunday night,
I was there 3 hours sucking water out of a hospital that had a small fire and the fire dept. flooded most of the bottom floor.

Most of the time on water extraction it would be hard to charge by the square foot because when the water is that deep, you might spend an hour in just one small area.

Like I said I don't want to make them mad with a large bill.
What would be a fair price to charge them?
At least $250 per hour and add in your travel time.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Whatever the book says sometimes we loose on extraction but is better as we don't take Truckmounts on the road for cat scenarios more than 300 miles away from home base.

Dont get me wrong, we will extract along side them with flood pumpers to aid in cost splitting/covering.

Flood pumpers are parked with a zipper or a claw while I have the sub moving from out to in towards the low spot. As well as all carpet areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The market has changed a lot with the influx of dedicated water damage companies. In built up areas there are so many competing full time companies, it has changed the pricing structure. I try to charge what I could be making if I were using the truckmount to clean carpets. That is usually too much for companies to subcontract to me which, these days is how I like it. I hate those 3 am phone calls, especially in the middle of winter, especially when I am the first one to show up. It is a good way for someone new in the business to make some money instead of having the truck stay idle.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
We pay subs a % of the xactimate charge per sf. Usually it comes out to be about $150-$250 an hour depending on what they are extracting. Also pay a $100 decon fee (passed onto insurance co.) for cat 3.
we found a percentage vs an hourly rate increased production dramatically. if you are going to do this on a regular basis- Buy a ROVER!

Reactions: Cleanworks

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We don't have A rover we have 4 rovers and a Phoenix xtreme extractor with vac pac. Also carry at least 1 most of the time 2 flood kings flood pumpers.

While in Vegas for connections we ordered our first Drieaz or sapphire hve3000 flood pumper to see if we like them.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Oh yeah well right now we have 6 flood kings, 1 hve3000, 1 tenant flood pumper, extreme extractor and vac PAC, 4 rovers and I don't know how we ended up with so many.

I told the guys they can operate 1 with each hand so 2 at a time so we can be efficient.

Needless to say I need to sell some flood pumpers.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Ohhh pissing contest!

We have (5) Flood Kings, (1) Flood Guzzler (6) Rovers. We have a flood pumper on each WDR truck, just in case its corporate and secured or extended lengths.

Oh yeah, your old and I mean real old !!! And I am younger so I win the pissing contest!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom