SX-12 or Redline spinner

Name
Kevin McCreary
I need to buy a new spinner this week. I can get the Redline for 600 and the SX-12 for
800. Cost is not an issue I just wonder if the SX-12 is better. I have used my redline for
about 5 years and it finally broke beyond repair. The redline also is too short for me and
bothers my back after 3000 square feet. What one do you guys like better?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
to short??? did you adjust it?? it can be made longer...

and what broke on it???

i bet ya a wooden nickel that john just may try to make it right, i find it hard its broke that bad...

redline/mytee beats the sux-12 every time

Name
Kevin McCreary
I guess the Turbo Hybrid could be in the running,
I don't know much about the Turbo Hybrid.
Can someone post a link?
I know westpac makes one too
but it looks like a toy.

The Hp swivel broke, and the vac relief slider broke off,
its just looking kind of rough so I thought it was time for new.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I have a Turbo Hybrid but I use the 14", 4-jet Gecko more often. More manuverable, gets into corners, lower profile, can handle higher pressure and flow (faster strokes), easier to push.

Disadvantage of the Gecko is it can streak some natural and concrete (porous) surfaces. But it's faster than the spinner on ceramic and other hard surfaces.

I noticed Taf has the TH (on sale!) for $979. I paid $800 with a free Cobra hand tool ($279 value) about four years ago at CCE in San Diego. Prices almost double within that time?

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I think the turbo should have the handles angled. It bugs my arms after a while. The sx12 seems to have the handles this way. Never tried one though.

Albert

CleanEvo

I have the SX-12 and am very happy with it.

They probably all work about the same.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
(1)Turbo Hybrid (2)Mytee Spinner then way over there------------------------------> the SUX-12

Kevin I have a nice package deal on the Turbo or even the Spinner. If you had to have a SX then I would sell you oe nly if you threatend to go buy one from Interlink. I still have my demo SX in my showroom from 3 years ago and in that time I have sold over 100 turbos and 50+ spinners to 0 sx's I think those numbers speak for themselves.

So call me and I'll hook you up :)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
All of the tile tiles are 1.5" You do not need nor want a tile tool that is plumbed 2". They already want to suck themselves to the floor as it is. Oh by the way I put a Turbo in Mikey's mBay :)

Mikey P

Administrator
Hold the 3 of them side by side and there is no question in regards to quality and design.

and John is right, 2" on a tile tool will cause it to lock down like Chad on Vince.

mBay is your friend.

Mike Draper

yea, I did some porcelin with my turbo hybrid, I could barely pull the damn thing across the floor, my chimp and I had to take turns pulling it. It sucks down plenty with a 1.5" opening

I would have to agree. The Sx 12 is not nearly as durable as the Turbo or Redline...I think the Turbo is the best choice also....I've seen numerous Sx 12's that are bent and beat up in short amount of time....

G

I prefer the Redline!

Over the SUX-12, is that made by hydraforce?
if it is thats were the U comes in to play :)

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Just ordered a Turbo also Kevin. Sounds like the preferred unit.

When you buy a new one does it come with the brush & the teflon ring?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
yea, I did some porcelin with my turbo hybrid, I could barely pull the damn thing across the floor, my chimp and I had to take turns pulling it. It sucks down plenty with a 1.5" opening

You know about the vacuum slide that's on the tool right Mike?.

Albert

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jim Morrison said:
Just ordered a Turbo also Kevin. Sounds like the preferred unit.

When you buy a new one does it come with the brush & the teflon ring?

why the hell you want the teflon ring???

That is sooooooo three years ago

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Hey Doug, I've never used or seen a turbo, was under the impression people used either the teflon or the brush depending on the surface.

I take it that's not the case?

Gary T

The Turbo should come with both. The brush ring is generally used for stone surface to prevent scratching. Guys with a lot of vac seem to like the brush to prevent the tool from locking to the floor and just use the brush ring all the time. The teflon ring can get grit embedded in it and scratch stone floors, or it can get nicked up and scratch stone floors. I have 2 Turbos, 1 with a brush and 1 with teflon ring. I use the ring on flat ceramic, if there is a lot of lippage i use the brush so the tool doesn't hop around as much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom