Synthetic oil for tm

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Anyone using synthetic on tm?. What do you use?. Do you notice a difference?.

thanks,
Albert

The Preacher

Duane Oxley recommends it after break in on his TM's

a good 30wt syn will do. i notice Wal Mart has a syn oil in their label now. couple $$$ less expensive than the name brands!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Albert;

We like synthetic oil in our liquid-cooled motors.

They have an air filter change @ 250 hours. With a synthetic oil, we can go 200 hours on the oil change, versus 100 hours with regular oil. This allows for twice the hours between maintenance service if you change the air filter @ 200 hours.

I had a nice conversation with Bryan Ohaleck about the use of synthetic oil in his trucks. He was talking about using synthetic oil and only changing the filter and adding a quart at the normal interval.

I checked and there are automotive people who are never changing their oil after break-in.

Larry Cobb

Kevin

Get Amzoil. Best oil on the market. They might even have a filter to make go even longer. I know on Trucks they do.

Jimbo

Castrol Syntec in my PC 800a...with 7666 hours on it...change all the oils...engine/pressure pump/vac blower at the same 100 hr interval. Coming up on oil change # 77!- Jim

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I run carquest private label synthetic oil. It is bottled for them by valvoline and only runs a little over $3 a quart. To me it would be crazy to spend almost that on a branded conventional oil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom