Systems, Policies, Procedures......Automation

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
2017 is going to be a big year for us to get our internal systems more streamlined and efficient. As we are growing, and setting up the business for possible future sale if the kids don't take an interest, we realize the need for better more efficient and user friendly systems.

While I love all the stuff we have from SFS and it's given us a great foundation ....'tis the digital age. Time to free ourselves of paper/clipboard check lists, written time off requests and time sheets, to do lists etc.

We are transitioning to a cloud based system that will have everything at everyone's fingertips. Truck needs a repair....log in to the system and submit a repair order. Tag the person that needs to follow up on it. Track the progress (scheduled, in shop, complete).

No more paper Daily Production log where the guys write when they left the shop, when they arrived at job, odomotor reading, when machine was turned on, machine hours, when turned off, when they left the job, when they arrived at the next, when they stopped for lunch or gas. They will just enter on their phones. Then anyone anywhere can log on and see progress. Need to pull Daily Production from last month...just log on and pull it up. No need to flip through the 3 ring binder. The "user" that logs the info is time stamped and you can see who was the person to enter the info.

Something missing on the truck?....log on to the system and see who did the inventory the day before. Add a note right then and there that something was missing....alert sent to whole team.

I'm really excited about this software. I think it will be a great addition to SM (even tho it too has a CRM Feature, we won't do invoicing through this program). No more Drop Box or google apps to store documents, etc which requires moving between programs.

So it got me thinking....how are others doing it? What types of systems do you use....still paper and pencil, storing things in a three ring binder? Who is doing things in software/cloud? What are you using?

(Marty we know you are still in the stone ages....)

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Crayon and one of those thick kindergarten pencils. Gotta play to the crowd. :winky:

Very little cloud based, calendar, email, dropbox, google drive for file sharing. We use both MS 360 and Network solutions for the two companies. 360 has the power and versatility, I like it much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
how is that going

Just had our second training session this afternoon. I'm so excited at what this will do for us.

So much to take in. I have a lot of stuff to import and Input. Hats gonna take me a while but in the end will simplify so much. Really liking what I'm digging in to do far. Started a bit later than I wanted as I was out of the office unexpectedly with sick kids and being sick myself. Do thaybout me behind.

I'll post more ice we really start using it day to day.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
We are fully digital now as well.
Keep our over 50+ procedures, along with manuals, inventory and other import info with google drive, so we are interested in what program you are refereeing to System 100 you say? We will take a look.

We use Housecall Pro
Mailchimp with there automation feature for emails.
Quickbooks
Livechat to communicate with customer on website to help reduce phone ringing.

We are always looking to become more up with the times. So let us know how it goes with the new software.

Last edited:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
So much overhead for a one truck, one vacuum company.

We don't plan on staying that way. (Ans we have two trucks).We have breakdown at times with our current systems. We hope this eliminates/reduces that with the reminders and being able to assign and pass things off to others. Eveykne will have access to everything they could need at all times no matter where they are. Systems in place ans automation of things will help us scale the business.

And since everyone knows how we price, you should know we can afford it.

All joking aside we believe the time and cost saving will more than pay for itself. It's not a huge monthly investment for System 100 for what we get and what it will do for us.

This along with SM will be awesome for us.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
what problems are you trying to,solve that google drive won't do?
Or Idevice with reminders(geo reminders)

Do,you use SM mobile for truck clock,in and out?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom