T M F / MB Feud

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I talked with Cooper quite a while this morning and I've talked with Mikey and other's here as well. This is my take on things:

1. Each side sees the other as "bad/evil/bullies/crooks/liars,etc".....ad nauseum.

2. Both sides have members/moderators/admins that have done/said things they shouldn't have.

3. Both sides point to the despicable acts committed by the other side as justification for their own despicable acts.

4. This vicious cycle of bad behavior on both sides, while at times amusing and/or entertaining, has caused more animosity and real hurt to some people and/or companys.

5. These incidences have grown and festered to the point where real violence is being threatened and member's family's security and futures are being jeopardized.

6. New members and more "timid" readers/posters on both boards are turned off by the obvious animosity.

That being said, and I believe we can all agree with it, I would like to propose something and appeal to the good in everyone on both boards:

1. JUST DROP IT. Like a gang war, the cycle is never going to end unless both sides agree to give each other a clean slate and not do anything to antagonize one another.

2. This does not mean that there can't be criticism of an individual or company - just that it should be done in a respectful manner. Imagine if it was you or your company being criticised....how would you want to hear it?

3. Hotheads exist and are abundant on both sides of the fence. Try to ignore them or at least address them in a calm, respectful way so that the tantrum is not exacerbated.

This may be like a cry in the wilderness, after all the drama is part of why we all come back to the BB's, but is has gotten out of hand and needs to be quelled.

Anyone who posts at T M F, if you would be so kind as to post this in the appropriate room there and as a stand alone thread I would be most appreciative.

Thanks and take care,
Lisa

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Only one thing can be added.......

Amen to that. I like the idea (Lisa's suggestion that this feud end with a truce).

The initial thread post has been posted on T M F.

Name
John LaBarbera
truckmount girl said:
I talked with Cooper quite a while this morning and I've talked with Mikey and other's here as well. This is my take on things:

1. Each side sees the other as "bad/evil/bullies/crooks/liars,etc".....ad nauseum.

2. Both sides have members/moderators/admins that have done/said things they shouldn't have.

3. Both sides point to the despicable acts committed by the other side as justification for their own despicable acts.

4. This vicious cycle of bad behavior on both sides, while at times amusing and/or entertaining, has caused more animosity and real hurt to some people and/or companys.

5. These incidences have grown and festered to the point where real violence is being threatened and member's family's security and futures are being jeopardized.

6. New members and more "timid" readers/posters on both boards are turned off by the obvious animosity.

That being said, and I believe we can all agree with it, I would like to propose something and appeal to the good in everyone on both boards:

1. JUST DROP IT. Like a gang war, the cycle is never going to end unless both sides agree to give each other a clean slate and not do anything to antagonize one another.

2. This does not mean that there can't be criticism of an individual or company - just that it should be done in a respectful manner. Imagine if it was you or your company being criticised....how would you want to hear it?

3. Hotheads exist and are abundant on both sides of the fence. Try to ignore them or at least address them in a calm, respectful way so that the tantrum is not exacerbated.

This may be like a cry in the wilderness, after all the drama is part of why we all come back to the BB's, but is has gotten out of hand and needs to be quelled.

Anyone who posts at T M F, if you would be so kind as to post this in the appropriate room there and as a stand alone thread I would be most appreciative.

Thanks and take care,
Lisa

I agree, Lisa. Good post.

G

truckmount girl said:

Thanks and take care,
Lisa

I second this . While occasionally we all get overzealous , we need to remember we are all people who live , work , and have families who loves us . While pride may have gotten in the way of me letting go on the glide thread , I do regret the part I played .

Hopefully , this is the last glide thread we will see for a while .

Chads

Supportive Member
I agree whole heartedly that this needs to stop. But you know Its going to be like the middle east treatys until some one is stupid, and there it goes again.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm well aware of that Chad, but I'm asking it anyway. I'd like to think we can do better here than the governments have done in the middle east. we've got our share of "radicals' in this industry. But I've never known a more genuine, warm and wonderful group of people than carpet cleaners. I have confidence we can at least keep those incidents to the minimum if we all put our minds to it.

Just call me Pollyanna.

Take care,
Lisa

G

I vote for neutral members of both boards to be observers like the UN of carpet cleaning boards ;). They call out who fired the first shot, and the owners of each board agree to discipline and if necessary for too many violations ban. Call for a real treaty. At least if this is like the middle east, whoever broke the treaty first would be the bad guys.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
someone has to start the peace talk,s ...again lisa has made the first step.....lets get Jerry Adams and Bill Clinton to take over now...or we could get Bush Jr
he,ll keep this crap going for years

will the two boards gang up on the blue board now......is it still going ?

G

I have a nuetralizer; Oh that was my hemeroid creme; Never mind!!

:lol: :lol: :roll:

Seriously I agree!!

Great posts Lisa ,I read and look/browse at both boards and laugh how high school it is on both boards...there is fanatics and idiots on each board....great time for a do over,let it go man... life is to short and all that hate/spew is wasted ENERGY...grow up and promote your own buisness and work on being sucessful. Sadly most spend more time on here instead of working on being sucessfull.

I wish sucess to all..

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I SAY FORGET THAT AND KATY BAR THE DAMN DOOR!

LEAVE IT TO THE WOMEN OR WOMEN TYPE THINKERS TO WANT PEACE!

PUSSIES ALL!

:shock:

G

Connections just got a LOT less exciting....

poor ~Ev~

We can still bash that POS, can't we??????

G

It would be nice gesture if perhaps bogus posters useing t m f members names and likeness were eliminated .

It would certainly help things if the late night emails to Tre and his father would stop . Can Mikey make that committment ?

It would be nice if each board can be a little more diligent in policing their own board and putting a stop to these type personal attacks before they start .

I notice both boards seem to have a few common advertisers - It seems they value both boards and can see merit in each of them .

Maybe we need to take out our aggressions a different way , maybe a *** / MB bowl off for bragging rights ???

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Does that mean that the myriad of regular posters on MB will be unbanned by ***?

Most were banned with no explanation.

Banned just because they post at MB

Not a good way to spread good will.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Someone call me....and hand ~Ev~ the phone....

make sure that it's a phone you don want anymore!

G

Dave Yoakum said:
Does that mean that the myriad of regular posters on MB will be unbanned by ®?

Most were banned with no explanation.

Banned just because they post at MB

Not a good way to spread good will.

gotta start somewhere - tell you what start a thread to list banned from *** and I will see what I can do -

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cool.....Finally!

How about ICS is that open season over there? :shock:

How about all the bogus names being posted under?

Or The attacks that are edited after a time lapse?

A cease fire won't work if that continues.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A great deal of the ICS problem is the Allens breaking the no advertising rule on a very regular basis. Links, websites, phone numbers, ebay pages with their stuff for sale, shills ................

F

FB7777

Dave Yoakum said:
A great deal of the ICS problem is the Allens breaking the no advertising rule on a very regular basis. Links, websites, phone numbers, ebay pages with their stuff for sale, shills ................

good grief crankum

The Allens at least grease the skids like Polish, JonDon and Partridge, so they get a bit of 'free exposure' over there

your special message of free marketing buffoonery, delivered by a cheap broke dick should get you banned for life from ICS :shock:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Evan told me that having a banner does NOT give then special privileges, Like breaking the rules.

Mike Draper

ok, as long as we can all agree that chem-lie sucks ass, and that 2.5" hose and a greenglide will dry your carpet faster and clean better. the end. 8)

F

FB7777

Dave Yoakum said:
Evan told me that having a banner does NOT give then special privileges, Like breaking the rules.

and yet advertisers are permitted to do so :roll:

there is a gray area in defining what constitutes breaking the rules

the determination of what is considered gray is determined by how much green is present

G

Seeing this thread slowly drift away from its intended purpose , its become clear to me that only the admin and the mods have the power to stop the continued back and forth squabble .

harryhides

Name
Tony
Best to pay more attention to Evans actions than to his words.
It's called the Board owners discretion.

Feuding on ICS is even worse than feuding here or on the other board, imo.

Primarily Lisa's very sound advice applies to folks who post on both boards.

Here's hoping cooler heads will prevail.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
So then James are you saying that YOU ARE the spokesperson for ® and have the power to speak for them????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom