T M F / MB Feud

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
truckmount girl said:
[quote="Charles Robbins":xu56s5h7][quote="truckmount girl":xu56s5h7]My avatar says it all....exactly. That man is alone and unarmed in the face of insurmountable odds.....and yet he made a huge difference. He accomplished more in China with that one small act, never raising a fist, shooting a gun or striking a blow....than all the violence ever did.

There is more bravery in that little unarmed man than in all the armed mobs and armies of the world.

He called no one to arms. He changed people's hearts.

And he was executed.

truckmount girl said:
Not true. The situation in China (and the attitude) is changing...for the better, not because people take up arms but because people's attitudes change.

It will take a long time there, just like it will here, but neither is impossible.

It has changed economically, but you still don't speak against the government in public. They have blocked Youtube after a video of police beating Tibetan monks was posted and Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites after the uprising of the Uighurs. This was done in the exact same way as in Iran. I'd say more, but you know.......[/quote:xu56s5h7]

Really? That's not as I understood it. As I understood it, Tank Man's identity and fate were never known, here or in China. But he moved not only the drivers of those tanks, but the witnesses that day and the world via TV and the internet.

I think within the next decade you will see a lot more change in China, not fast enough, but it will happen.

Take care,
Lisa[/quote:xu56s5h7]
Got thinking about this guy.
Remembered the old story of how a young Christian monk single handedly stopped the gladiator fights. He stepped in to stop the fighting, was martyred, died at the hands of one of the gladiators, but the crowd was silenced and the then caesar walked out. It all stopped right then and there.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
His name was Telemachus.

History tells the story slightly differently (instead of being killed by one of the gladiators, the indignant crowd stoned him to death), but he did die to end the games, and Honorius, the emperor at the time, did so because of Telemachus' moral courage.

Maybe Ron's version is right and mine is wrong, but the bottom line is that one man (or woman) can make a difference.

Lora Olson

bob vawter said:
[quote="John Olson":2khwhgx6][quote="steve frasier":2khwhgx6]and had a dungenous crab omelte and pancakes and the Pig N Pancake restaurant, a hot chocolate with whip cream

had a couple of salmon sandwiches for lunch today

I had the crab omelte at pig n' pancakse here in cannon beach this morning and my son had banana pancakes and lora had a marion berry waffle. yum yum[/quote:2khwhgx6]

What's a marion berry waffle..........?[/quote:2khwhgx6]

I actually had a pecan waffle with Marionberry syrup. Marionberries are originally from Marion county, OR. It's a blackberry hybrid and is the most heavenly thing on the planet. I had marionberry muffins, jam, ice cream, taffy, syrup and pie this trip. If you go online, someplace like "Made in Oregon" store will have some. It really is incredible stuff! My sister made home-made marionberry jam this summer and I'm having some on toast for breakfast tomorrow morning. Oh, and marionberry syrup on vanilla ice cream is yummy. And Tillamook makes "marionberry pie ice cream".

In a nutshell, it's hard to describe how really good it is.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
"lora had a marion berry waffle. yum yum"

I thought for a moment maybe bob did too that the waffle was named after the infamous former Mayor of DC. Marion Barry, and then we'd really understand how that waffle might have made you feel really high :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom