Tagging and tracking equipment

Floormedic

We have trouble with equipment disappearing. What systems are you using to keep track of what goes out and returns to shop. I' tired of losing equipment.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
https://invisi-tag.com/restoration.html
I had one of my supervisors at Bolden's a couple of years ago and he really liked this system. I see they are showing in Hotlanta, I plan on checking them out.

Its easy to lose equipment, even easier the more you own. We try check off lists but even then you have the human element to deal with. We had a facilities manager call last month wondering when we were coming to pick up the last two airmovers.

The tech's that picked up the equipment said they looked everywhere and those that the numbers were put down by mistake. There were 80 pieces on the job and they just gave up looking for the other two. Someone had moved them to dry in another unrelated area and never told us until later.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
https://invisi-tag.com/restoration.html
I had one of my supervisors at Bolden's a couple of years ago and he really liked this system. I see they are showing in Hotlanta, I plan on checking them out.

Its easy to lose equipment, even easier the more you own. We try check off lists but even then you have the human element to deal with. We had a facilities manager call last month wondering when we were coming to pick up the last two airmovers.

The tech's that picked up the equipment said they looked everywhere and those that the numbers were put down by mistake. There were 80 pieces on the job and they just gave up looking for the other two. Someone had moved them to dry in another unrelated area and never told us until later.

Based on your posting this I went ahead and purchased it! It arrived today. We are going to start playing with it Friday. The cost for the tags is where they get you..... Estimating we will spend about $2k-$3K buying tags before its all secure.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Too many times equipment is moved by someone on site or flat out stolen, so if we were still in the water loss biz I'd use the system. As a bonus Aminur is a good guy that is constantly improving the product.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Nate W.
I wonder if GPS could be built into the system/tags too....? Catch the thief red handed... Kind of like the Smart Tag for luggage?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I wonder if GPS could be built into the system/tags too....? Catch the thief red handed... Kind of like the Smart Tag for luggage?
they have those but still betaish Work of other users having the application and it pinging off their phones. years before something like that makes sense also, - $25 per tag. too costly.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
they have those but still betaish Work of other users having the application and it pinging off their phones. years before something like that makes sense also, - $25 per tag. too costly.

If you own a lot of equipment that is quite the initial investment but that's one day of rental. 9 days of rental and they're paid off.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom