Tapatalk

FredC

Village Idiot
I for one would like to thank you for killing Tapatalk. This is the first time in literally years, as sad as that is, that i have gone multiple days, almost a week without checking out this board.

Now if only the other boards will follow suit then i can have my life back. :biggrin:

and yet you posted more this week than the last two months.

you're welcome

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
and yet you posted more this week than the last two months.

you're welcome

Umm ok. They were all about tapatalk last weekend.....pretty sure that'll fade.

I'll be around. It'll just be once or twice a week instead of several times a day. That's probably a healthier amount of board surfing anyway.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bet you said the same when they took New Coke off the shelves.

You must be doing something wrong Russ.

Did you make New Posts your landing page from the bookmark on your desktop?

Mike, I did just make "new posts" the landing page for a bookmark on my home screen. I'm on an iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.1.
It still requires me to sign in every time I go to the page.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Read that thread again and still can't figure it out. No problem adding to my home screen, I now have 3 "shortcuts".

I went into settings to verify that cookies are allowed on websites I visit.

I really don't want to have to use a different browser to access the board. Safari should be sufficient.

If this is an iOS issue, I hope it gets ironed out fast. My guess would be that the lion's share of you're mobile browsing comes from iOS.

I'm upgrading to iphone 6 within the next 2 weeks. The bigger screen will help but I'll be operating iOS 8.1.1 still.

I'll be interested to see stats after a month or 2 without TT. I'll still be here but I think you might be surprised how many regular posters and casual lurkers either leave or post less.

MB is the only forum I've really ever been active on. It's been almost completely on TT. The TT experience is part of the reason I have checked the board multiple times a day, for the last couple years.

Why not go all the way here and develop an app for iOS and Android?

I try not to chase my competition and I don't suggest you do either. But maybe the guys on the other big CC forum are on to something by developing an app that's easy to use?

I only say these things in an attempt to improve a board that has helped me so much. The interaction between me and MB has been almost completely through TT.

Please resist the temptation to dismiss any criticism that might come from those of us who enjoyed TT.

You might be missing a chance to improve the board.

I'd love it if someone can help me to stay signed in while using Safari on iOS.

Again, I've got 3 bookmarks on my home screen and cookies enabled.

Thanks.

FredC

Village Idiot
lol...they dont have an "app"....that is TT BYO.

The lions share does not come from Iphone users. Even if it did plenty of other Iphone users are not having the issue.

You say you read that thread. Did you read all the threads on the google search? I'll help you where I can but I'm not Apple tech support.

as far as stats...what I left out of the conversation so far is that we know exactly how many people browsed using TT, registered using TT, and how many posted via TT. Not only that but with only a few exceptions we know exactly who used TT and on what device.

The decision to remove TT took all these things into account. The primary users have already adjusted and the fact is even if they had not the "stats" would have been ok. TT was not this great feature everybody used like a few think it was.

tt.jpg

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I didn't read the google link, only the other thread here on MB.

I will when I get some time.

I don't know what you mean by they don't have an app that's TT BYO. I might be a little slow tech wise, remember I'm a carpet cleaner like almost everyone else here.

I was saying they have an app available in the App Store. I played on it once and it seemed pretty good but I always come back here because this is where I've found the community I value so much.

I think I'm a pretty loyal guy and will stay here but just frustrated a little with a valuable tool (TT) being taken away.

I've spent too long not participating in raffles and auctions by being on TT. That is a real problem for both me and the board. I imagine there are others that have missed out on this valuable part of this board. I was always frustrated that TT wouldn't allow me to access.

I'm not saying TT is the answer but the board needs to become easier and more accessible as time goes on. It's just the nature of our tech driven culture.

There's a CC page on Facebook that I can't hardly avoid because it shows up in my news feed. TT was like that on my phone. People will be more inclined to take the path of least resistance. I'd love to see MB become that path.

FredC

Village Idiot
The "app" IS tapatalk.

You aren't helping. You're telling me how great you think tapatalk is. I can't help but wonder how much better your experience would be if you put all this energy into learning to work your phone and figuring out the issues specific to YOUR device.

Just trying to help

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Is it not valuable to understand the features I enjoyed on TT?

If any of us (me included) refuse to change and refuse constructive criticism, we will be left behind by our competition.

I love this board too much to not express my concerns.

I will spend some time trying to figure out what's wrong with my device or the way I'm using it. You do have a valid point. Just never had to spend much time/energy in the past.

Been on vacation for the last week and looking forward to getting back after it. MB is valuable to me and I hope it gets to be even more so once I get past the change.

I really do appreciate the work you guys put in to make this board great.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Go into your iPhone settings and select it to remember logins and passwords.
Select the ones you feel comfortable letting the ne remember such as mb.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I deleted tapatalk on both my phone and tablet and just created a link on my home screen on both. It takes me directly to the new posts with no problems. I find this way much faster and easier.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Russ, found this online - does it help?

Saving Passwords on the iPhone
by Kirk Bennet, Demand Media
If you like to use your iPhone to manage every aspect of your online identity, you probably log in to many different accounts, such as Facebook, Gmail, MSN, Twitter and Yahoo. To avoid typing the passwords and usernames each time you log in, configure your iPhone to save the passwords and automatically fill the password fields. Because saving passwords is a security risk, the iPhone password saving feature is turned off by default.
Step 1
Turn on your iPhone and open the Menu.
Step 2
Tap on the Settings icon and then tap Safari.
Step 3
Tap on the AutoFill option.
Step 4
Slide the Names and Passwords slider to On to start saving passwords and usernames.
Step 5
Navigate to your email client and type your username and password.
Step 6
Tap Log In. You'll be asked whether you want to save this password you entered.
Step 7
Tap Yes if you want to save the password. If you don't want to save the password, tap Not now or Never for this site.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
TapaTalk is a great app. I kind of quit coming here when it went down :( I do enjoy using it. I have at least 10 forums that I enjoy with TT.

Reactions: hogjowl

FredC

Village Idiot
It may be a great app for you but you don't have to deal with the conflicts, poor support, lack of integration of common forum features, or the security issues.

Since we do it is no longer a good fit for Mikey's Board.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
You might think so........I don't.

but my concerns are bigger than my personal preferences. The Tapatalk team can't even keep their own shit secure...........I'm certainly not going to trust them with mine......several issues in the last month

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1FDUM_enUS502US502&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tapatalk security&tbs=qdr:m
I will make do. If its a security issue, then they need to fix. Aint nobody got time for that

Reactions: FredC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom