Tell the truth about your Truckmounts..

steve_64

fred, yep i have to move pretty slow with the wand to flush anything and to get a good seal to get the carpet even just damp. i look forward to the upgrade. its been a long time coming.
i have been in a tough situation for sometime (still am) but im finally moving forward again. i think.:errf:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
i look forward to the upgrade. its been a long time coming.

Trust me, Steve! Getting a TM will be the best 3-400 bucks a month you will ever spend, even a small machine(legend-ss370) will blow your mind. As a(way to long) porty guy, tm's are nuts... No lie.

Reactions: steve_64

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've only had 2 in the 26+ years I've owned my company.
1984 HM CDS- Very reliable, decent heat- Loved it. Can't imagine how many tens of thousands of hours I put on it in 25 years.
2005 Powerclean Genesis- Great machine after you work out the bugs. Working towards 11k hours. Might make it to 20k.
One thing I wouldn't go without is a SS frame. Especially after all the rusty Prochem frames I see in the pics.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The Prochems have an aluminum frame. Would your dream truckmount have a stainless frame or aluminum?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dynachem TM's have had #6061T6 aluminum frames, and stainless fasteners for 25 years . . .

We did it for weight savings, to lessen brake and suspension wear. . .

Last edited:
Reactions: dgardner

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have a 30 year old TurboTech with a steel frame. It's still as solid as the day it was built. I can't imagine how bad someone has to take care of one for the frame to rot. That being said I love the SS frame on my PowerClean. No paint or powder coat to chip or come off, it always look great.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I have a 30 year old TurboTech with a steel frame. It's still as solid as the day it was built. I can't imagine how bad someone has to take care of one for the frame to rot. That being said I love the SS frame on my PowerClean. No paint or powder coat to chip or come off, it always look great.
Its not so much the steel, as it is how thin some of the companies build the frames. Its asking for trouble. Im ok with quality aluminum over stainless

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Would your dream truckmount have a stainless frame or aluminum?

Never owned a SS framed TM
Had one steel framed (Steam Genie Hydrogenie) and two Powermatics w/1/8" thick 2" square tube aluminum frame and SS fasteners
I'd have absolutely no problems with aluminum frame if as heavy/solid (including good welds) as my PM's, as they've been bulletproof

..L.T.A.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have only had one in my 11 year career. A White Magic Commander. I replaced the blower at 7000 hours, the motor at 10,000 hours and completely stripped it down so that it is now a simple HX machine. The frame and heat exchangers on these things are built great, so now that it's a bare bones machine it should last until the tanks rust out.

Able 1

Name
Keith
A good oil leak first is always good, before a consistent water leak..:lol::eekk:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The Prochems have an aluminum frame. Would your dream truckmount have a stainless frame or aluminum?
I wouldn't buy an aluminum frame. Steel and Aluminum both corrode and look like shit after a short time. I want longevity for the tens of thousands of dollars I am spending. Hey Truckmount builders, Heres an idea, Nothing but Stainless Steel. How about setting a standard.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
This is a good example of corrosion waiting to happen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 244

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom