Textbook?

NJ104

Name
Juan
I was talking to a friend about possibly starting cleaning rugs and started to do some research on the matter. Came across this textbook. Screenshot_2016-07-01-14-20-38.png I am not sure how good it is who the author is and if it is worth the 495 price tag. Any help would be appreciated

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
This book is a great resource. Ellen Amirkhan is a third generation rug cleaner who owns and operates her families 105 year old rug plant in Dallas, TX.

Every year she and Aaron Groseclose, owner is MasterBlend, host many classes through their Master Rug Cleaner programs. These, IMO, are the best and most comprehensive classes offered in the industry.

Nothing will beat getting some hands on education. Check out the ARCS association, they have a Web based program coming up this August. Very affordable and would be great for someone just starting out in rug cleaning.

Reactions: Papa John

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Ellen and Aaron produced a great book with a lot of photos. Agree with Jordan that hands-on education is also needed.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I was talking to a friend about possibly starting cleaning rugs and started to do some research on the matter. Came across this textbook. View attachment 15742 I am not sure how good it is who the author is and if it is worth the 495 price tag. Any help would be appreciated

This is a great resource book, along with the course, and one of many things you may take advantage of, and probably should, before starting a serious career in offering rug care. Consider hanging out with serious rug washers at conventions and conferences they themselves put on for education. Visit active in-plant operations that have been in business for many years to consider how they do things. Keep an open mind. Stop by and wash with me anytime.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
There is an intangible benefit that you can't put a price tag on also when submitting to this type of instruction. It is the relationships you acquire with top-notch professionals that are only a phone call or email away. There is a ROI that cannot be fully anticipated waiting for you. Now what is in your wallet? What could be in your wallet after the instruction and relationships built?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom