The Bonzer is evolving with great customer feedback

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
image.jpeg
I think an LED headlight would look awesome and maybe a back-up beeper that goes "DEEEET DEEEET DEEEET" and for my elves, a framed picture of their Lord and Master eyeballing them to do a good job!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It is ok to say it, the bonded is a thing Rotovac call a cleaning tool that rivals the cheapest tools for lack of quality and operation in our industry.

In Atlanta we had plenty of time with it and it failed to operate correctly every time and it was difficult to operate correctly!

While its overall size of the head is exactly like the zipper it just flat out fails in every attempt to copy its operational function ability.

Even the owners of Rotovac could not get it clean with rocking back and forth out of control. Extraction was poor at best.

Not to mention it looks like it cost max $120 dollars to make the thing.

It's a carpet cleaning toy for carpet cleaning babies not for guys out really trying to earn a living for their families.

Why Rotovac felt the need to poorly attempt to copy the zipper is beyond me.

It's like if pmf or cal tools started making Rotovac 360 copies that don't work and trying to sell them to everyone.

Baffling just baffling.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Fred I understand they are an advertiser but that thing didn't work.

Anything can spray water but the boozer did not operate with any kind or proper consistency and the only way to get it to do a half ass job is to stand the way the Rotovac guy is standing and holding the boozer.

I have a pressure wand attachment with 5 jets on it that would produce the same result like the video.

This is online and we were there in person. I attempted multiple times to operate the boozer unsuccessfully, same as the Rotovac guy.

Recovery was a joke. As well as build quality of the tool.

And I don't want to hear that it was a prototype as Rotovac was trying to sell them there at the show.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
A blind study comparison with a person who knows nothing of the history between both tools would be interesting..

You give any guy both of the tools and tell him the difference in price between the is 700 let him use them for a week and I will bet a 1000 dollars they pick the zipper every time.

NO CONTEST!

Last edited:

rick imby

Name
Rick
I remember the first Rotovac Power wand. They seem to continuously eat their young with new products---not true in the rest of the industry with regards to rotary extractors----Rotovac has had what 6 or 8 major upgrades?

However with the r&d that Eric has done and build quality I couldn't even look at a Bonzer.

However it might amaze most of the guys on this board but the market outside of Mikey's is 100 times as large and so uneducated. That market buys a lot of outdated stuff. Case in point I don't think anyone on here would buy the basic dual head Rotovac for over like $300-400. I believe Rotovac still sells a lot of them new $1700?. Mikey was amazed at the number of Rotovacs built and ready to ship at his factory visit.

My prediction-- in three or four years there will have been more Bonzers sold than Zippers. Within 2 years they will have updated the Bonzer design at least twice.

Maybe I should stick to bicycles---my predictions sometimes go astray...

Reactions: dealtimeman

rick imby

Name
Rick
I believe the Bonzer will become a major part of Rotovac advertizing because so many Roto systems are sold with portables. Two cord porty and a Rotovac makes three circuits. Two cord porty with a Bonzer still just two circuits.

The Bonzer will get better...

My belief is that close to 60% of the portable carpet cleaning equipment sold do not get over 100 hours use in the first 5 years. (Rotovac sells a larger majority of this equipment).

Rotovac

Name
Nick
Seems like the same group of guys who have never really even used the Bonzer just keep slamming it over and over. People that use it in the real world are loving it. They all come with a money back trial.

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Can
Seems like the same group of guys who have never really even used the Bonzer just keep slamming it over and over. People that use it in the real world are loving it. They all come with a money back trial.
Can you invite your satisfied customers on here to tell us why they love it?

Reactions: dealtimeman

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I think part of the problem is most of the poeple that are trying it own or have already tried the original "ZIPPER" and this tool is just not the same quality. Now if you go to a place where the ZIPPER is not as know like the CAD you went to and you show this to carpet cleaners that for the most part are using a AW29 everyday, yes they are going to give you better reviews.
I am sure you will sell them, but I don't think you will get to much positive feed back when you are talking to a group that already have the best one built. I'm sure you understand that,
I would also like to say you should be very proud of the rep you sent out to do the demo, he did a great job of trying to rep your tool and fit in with a group that knows the history of the tools.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nope used it in Atlanta both before the glide switch and after. Outside and inside the hotel.

I used it enough to know it is a copy but like most copies, not as good as the real thing.

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)

Senator: Fletcher, there's an old saying, to the victors belong the spoils.

Fletcher: There's another old saying Senator. Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
probably because it is so obviously a cheap knock off of a well engineered tool that has already gained widespread acceptance by people who frequent this board. You can't buy that kind of loyalty. The very same guys that knock the bonzer, rave about the 360i/xl/brush head combo because it works and they are very loyal to you. When you say "great customer feedback" we interpret that as "lots of customer complaints." Doesn't matter how much you improve the bonzer, many people here will still buy the Zipper instead.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

Why would anyone want to waste their time having to deal with the trinket and then having to ship it back after the lack luster experience?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom