The centrifuge is in place.

DavidVB

Clark came up yesterday with the new centrifuge. This is an awesome looking machine. It is set to run up to 1300 rpm. The other unit I looked at was jumping around on the floor at 700 rpm. It has virtually no movement at all. I can slow the machine, fill it with fresh rinse water, meter in whatever chems I choose and then spin it out again, just like a washing machine.

I've got a batch to clean tomorrow. I'll try to share an update and a picture.

DavidVB

This is the first unit of Clark's new design. I've seen the Turkish units at his shop. This blows them away. It is exactly 4 feet wide, 44 inches tall. The inner cylinder is 10.5 feet and the overall length is about 11.5 ft. (Inner and outer cylinders are heavy stainless steel.) It also uses a free standing control stand.

Clark decided against the 18 inch bearings and open design. The front bearing is in a door. It looks like your loading a cannon. Clark said he ran it up to about 2000 rpm, but saw no use for that speed. I think his bearing design has a lot to do with its stability. Plus he has combined air springs with shock absorbers to stabilize it just like a car or truck.

The first thing my son said was: "This is so much cooler than a truckmount." I have to agree.

My little shop is a mess so I'll try to take some pics in the next few days.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Clark had problems with the centerless bearings and they are much more expensive than the Turkish style center bearing plate door system that and the shock absorbers he adopted from Turkish machines it looks like a very nice centrifuge the real question can he compete with price ….

congrads!

DavidVB

The Turkish units are imported into Clark's shop and then he has to prepare them for service in the states, electrical, safety etc. There is a lot of cost in this freight and labor. I think he will be very competitive.

I've seen a few of the Turkish units at Clarks. The ones I saw are on tires. If Clark's units do cost more I think it will be easy to justify.

Ron K

Looks nice. Good luck with it. When did you go down to Clarks place?

Bob Foster

So what's the deal with Dusty's Rug Revolution? Is Clarke going to sell this direct or is this exclusive to Dusty aka Rug Badger?

Is Dusty dropping the Turkish machines?

DavidVB

I went down to Clark's back in November to see what he was planning for the centrifuge and to pick up some other equipment. I went back down about a month ago to see the unit when he was getting close and to pick up the drying stands.

My understanding is that you currently can buy anything Clark makes directly from him, except the Rugbadger, or you can order it all through Steve. I've known Clark for years, so I naturally just work with him.

Who knows what arrangements they will make in the future.

Clark

The machine I delivered to David is not Ron's unit. The photos David posted are of Ron's machine. David's machine was in storage. If David could post pictures of his machine you will see the difference. Ron's machine is polished SS with a seam at the top. David's machine is brushed SS with no seam. No SS bolts on the door. Ron's machine is in my shop today. The controller is much different as well. David's machine is single phase voltage. Ron's machine is 3 phase voltage. No lifting eye on top.

I am in southern Indiana with a broken truck. I will be on the road Wednesday or Thursday. I will deliver Ron's machine in 2 to 3 weeks.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Ron how stupid are you? You order a machine from Clark and you live on a island? Do you expect Clark to get on a Ferry? You do know he is from alAbAma? Well at least you did not Pre-Pay for the machine. Nobody would do something that stupid. Dont worry Clark will take care of you. Ask Jimmie Ladwig. It only took 7 years.

Golden Boy

Clark

Waldo you're a good man. Who could have possible known! I will take care of Ron. I will get on a ferry and deliver his machine. Maybe the best machine every built. But not with out $436,000 in R&D and 4 designes that failed to run with out heating or vibration problems. This machine will run at 2500 rpms for 20 years. My first failure is being built by my passed X friends in Michagan. A real bad design. It reminds me of Jimmy's first OP. Or as he sayes the earthquake machine. My truck will be ready today. And I will be headed to God's Country to trade that sucker in.

DavidVB

Seems like there is always an issue.

I did not get the machine I saw last month when I was at Clark's. I didn't know he was building 3 at the same time, but good for him. I know how much he has put into this and I know that he could have brought me a machine that would have worked fine for my small business, but he refused to until he had it the way he wanted it.

Why did I get delivery first? Maybe its because I asked for a weekend delivery and a trip to my place from Alabama is about 7 - 8 hours. Leave on Saturday go home on Sunday. Its sure not that easy to pull a trailer to the west coast. Or maybe its because I paid him 1/2 the money some time ago. If no one else has ponied up, maybe that helped him decide to make a weekend trip first.

And he has been stuck here ever since Saturday night.

Clark is as good a guy as I have met in this business, far better than most. I wish him the best success with his rug equipment and will help him whenever and however I can.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
DavidVB said:
Why did I get delivery first? Maybe its because I asked for a weekend delivery and a trip to my place from Alabama is about 7 - 8 hours. Leave on Saturday go home on Sunday. Its sure not that easy to pull a trailer to the west coast. Or maybe its because I paid him 1/2 the money some time ago. If no one else has ponied up, maybe that helped him decide to make a weekend trip first.

David, that’s part of the problem Ron has paid and has waited much longer your machine was done first and stored... this isn't a case of you got a shiny new machine first!

Clark, I suggested to dusty and now you that you fax Ron completion/ delivery date so there’s no more grey areas or intangible timing .

Clark

I have a lot of issuses with my truck. I will not leave again on a trip of 3000 miles without some possibility of returning home without problems. This is the 3rd trip in this truck and the 3rd problem. I do not think I can make it to Washington State in this truck. I will leave with Ron's machine in the next 2 weeks unless he tells me not to.

Ron K

We are out over 436,000, we built our work shop around this centrifuge. And we see pictures of a Machine we were promised on someone else's web site. And then they're gone. This whole thing is a big F>IN mess. I could start spraying shit all over the place . Not yet, although some would say I have every right to do so. Some people regard some people in high esteem on this board well that's not been proven to me yet, only time will tell. I've been promised a lot but so far ....... I've been promised a lot.

DavidVB

I started this thread to say how impressed I am with what Clark has built. I had no intentions of starting an issue. I'm not sure why it even came up here, but I should not have commented on it because it is really none of my business.

Peace and success to all.

Greenie

Since we're all family and someone just flicked peas at the dinner table, What does one of them Stainless Centrifuge spinning Goliaths Cost?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
BTW Clark is good people. But he must realize he is dealing with Rug Snobs now AKA wine drinkers. They are going to bitch and moan. Now the good people the Carpet Cleaners AKA beer drinkers will let you slide on a fooked up machine as long as you get a case of beer in return. Clark needs to realize its a whole different animal now. BTW a Carpet Cleaner would probably help a guy stranded in Indiana. The Rug Snob well he probably would just slam him on a Carpet Cleaning Forum.

Golden Boy

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Clark,
July is a good time to come to the Seattle area. Temps in the upper 70s with low humidity. Stop by if you have time, we can tour the winery. 8)

Ron K

Beer Spoils after 3 years. So Waldo aka Golden Boy unless you know all the facts of this transaction you really aren't saying much. I don't want to drag anyone through this by airing dirty laundry but it all started by someone posting pictures, of my machine on their web site. I'm not going to air this all out but if you want the "Snob Story" call Clark and then call me, you can have all the details. So Golden Boy I'd leave this alone. Got to go Iron CIty's on Ice.

DavidVB

I took a couple pictures if anyone is still interested. Hopefully this won't upset anyone. It is kind of shiny but that isn't why I bought it.

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom