The competitive field is brutal

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Actually that was their crew transport. I live pretty close to communities that have a lot of Mennonites, or as we like to refer to them in these parts - "Amish Light". Some of these guys actually trick out their buggy's with purple lights on the under carriage and steel plating around the back and sides. They ought to start a reality show titled - Trick my buggy.

Reactions: Doug Rice

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Actually that was their crew transport. I live pretty close to communities that have a lot of Mennonites, or as we like to refer to them in these parts - "Amish Light". Some of these guys actually trick out their buggy's with purple lights on the under carriage and steel plating around the back and sides. They ought to start a reality show titled - Trick my buggy.
They did. It's called, pimp my Ride. All about breeding apparently.

Reactions: Ivan Turner

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
there's a large Amish community (worlds forth largest according to the sign coming into town) 25 mi north of me .
Most common to see them as new construction framing crews , pole barn builders and roofing
as well as timbering plenty lumber (dozer dragging their diesel saw mill into the woods)

they drive horse and buggies to church , but not to work.
They hire what I call the "Yoader Toaters" ..a guy with an extended Ford 15 passenger van that hauls them and tool trailer to the jobsites .
(and Walmart and Sam's Club)

I know a few Y'toaters ...I understand they pay well for the service (enough to pay for a van, gas and decent part time money left over)
Some choose to work daily with the crew too, for hourly wages

there's a common misnomer that because they're Amish, you'll get a great job for cheap
(in general, new construction framing, roofing/siding is cut throat pricing production work regardless) akin to CC'ing restaurants and Motel 6's
But the Amish are no better or worse than any other outfit ...some are good/average, some are great and some are hacks that need run off the job

..L.T.A.

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
There was a t.v. show called Moses in th3 city or something to that affect.

Moses worked for.me for awhile and his work was average at eat and his integrity was questionable

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom