"The Covered Wagon"

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I remember back in the early 70's when I owned a large carpet cleaning company, having 11 trucks and trying to have the Drivers keep them clean, was a real task. At the end of each work day, the Manager(s) (Note: we had 3 locations) were instructed to have all drivers clean out their trucks for the next day. At least, that was the plan!--LOL.

Since those days, I have seen and witnessed many, many customer trucks pull in that were so filthy that it made me scratch my head in amazement. And, some when opening the side door of their vans, I would witness a lonely discarded old paper coffee cup tumble end over end out onto the driveway!

Further, I will never forget one of those Operators walking through our carpeted Showroom with un-tied, and very muddy shoes leaving tracks from the front door all the way to the front desk! Unbelievable.

Now, we all must believe that "First appearance is everything" when driving up to a customers home to perform any cleaning. However, I am always appalled how many owners of businesses over look this most basic logic & common sense. After all, wasn't this covered in Chapter One?!

Perhaps it might just be time for many of us to look at ourselves in the mirror--before--we walk out the door, and, give out truck(s) an overview with the critical eye that our valued customers may have at the time of our arrival.

Just a little reminder for some.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-American corp.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
2013-09-26_11-15-10_728_zps5adcdc76.jpg

We have one of these first Impression signs in the hall. The guys are supposed to check themselves before they leave for the day. They do pretty good most of the time, the biggest issue we have is shirt tails out. It’s a generational thing, the young guys wear them out, so it’s a struggle.
I’d love to take credit for it but it was Steve Toburen that mentioned it in one of the SFS classes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom