The cursed 360i

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
So far, I have not tackled any rat nasties with it, but there is no question that it generates its' own need.

I find muself watching the slops in the sight tube with all the fascination that cats have for laser dots. Then I want it to flush clear and... well, it is like eating chips.

No question that it saves effort. No doubt it is producing a better work product. As for saving time, it has nearly doubled my hourly take.

But that sight tube is hypnotic; beware!

Name
Nate W.
Just run the hose direct... lol.. but your a POG so you need all the help you can get.. I'd add another vac if I were you.. More suck the better..

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The Ranger seems to have plenty of suction, Nate. I think it is just the novelty of it and the way it seems to pull endless amounts of old soap and dark soup out of the carpet. Doing a dry pass really helps too. Usually the first room is nearly dry by the time I pack up.

Name
Nate W.
How slow do you actually clean? I'm a dry freak and getting the carpets to dry fast even with Air paths is a challenge using any Rotovac power wands...

And try to clear the tube after your wet pass to actually see how much water is being extracted.. Tip it to the side and wait till there isn't water going up the tube.. Using a portable it's deceiving because the suction isn't equivalent to a TM..

The water in the tube makes it look like it's a lot of water and soaps but in reality it's just not clearing the tube as fast so it's rising and falling consistently..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Yup.. you have to tip it to air flush the tube.
I clean an area about like a sheet of plywood going N-S then E-W. then I switch off the water at the handle and do a drying pass.
Maybe 3-400 ft/ hour, entry to departure. The Ranger has specific post cleaning needs, which add time. Still, the effort and time expended are less than just wanding with the Galaxy. It feels like a big step forward.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You fools! Them untrustful competition girls are listening.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The Ranger seems to have plenty of suction, Nate. I think it is just the novelty of it and the way it seems to pull endless amounts of old soap and dark soup out of the carpet. Doing a dry pass really helps too. Usually the first room is nearly dry by the time I pack up.

That happens when you spend 6 hours on a job!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
This was my Rotovac job today while the bottom picture is of the last time I cleaned it.
IMG_1309.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I wasn't going to buy this one because it only goes to 250 psi, Mike. But when the seller dropped the price by $500, there was no way I was going to let brand new machinery get away when it was half price!

It was a good decision. I think that the "POW!" picture tipped the argument.

I think Mikey was referring to the 360iBH and not the Ranger when he said best tool ever...

Or are you saying you got a 360ibh for $500!?---
Hey! did anyone get a 360ibh stolen before Old Coastie bought his? :stir:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
How slow do you actually clean? I'm a dry freak and getting the carpets to dry fast even with Air paths is a challenge using any Rotovac power wands...

And try to clear the tube after your wet pass to actually see how much water is being extracted.. Tip it to the side and wait till there isn't water going up the tube.. Using a portable it's deceiving because the suction isn't equivalent to a TM..

The water in the tube makes it look like it's a lot of water and soaps but in reality it's just not clearing the tube as fast so it's rising and falling consistently..
Nate....

There's a tap on the tool. Use it.. :headbang:

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
I think it might extract quicker if you cut down the cleaning section to a 4 X 4 area, not as long for the water to get into the bottom of the fiber and your not moving your body back and forth as much.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I think it might extract quicker if you cut down the cleaning section to a 4 X 4 area, not as long for the water to get into the bottom of the fiber and your not moving your body back and forth as much.

Doug, that makes sense. I'm trying to figure out if the machine pulls more moisture by going faster (more passes but briefer) or going slower (more time to suck).

Tomorrow I'm trying out the brush head.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom