The Downside of High Heat Cleaning

RichardnTn

For the record, the hose that busted had 570 hours on it and looked good. 2 hoses in 25 years isn't bad. The other one that busted was under the black plastic at the QC. Entirely my fault, too long between inspections...RR

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Thanks for the report Larry. I will consider it the next time I get hoses. I hate to change all my quick couplers on all my tools and equipment though. Is 3/8 inch that much heavier? Anyone used 3/8 inch Parker hose? Cost?

Loren

Scott Rogers

Loren, you dont have to change all your fittings. Just use 1/4 to 3/8 bushings on the 1/4 parflex then your regular quick connects. a extra .50 per hose end. no big deal.

If you would rather use 3/8 parflex is still super light compared to good year but does cost more.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Art, The valves are adjustable, you set them to the flow that you need for your wand. They will close when the flow exceeds what you have it set for.

Greenie

Ron, did they ever put a dial with some numbers on that excess flow valve?
I was working with a prototype awhile back and it was extremely difficult to dial in without a reference point.
When you went from carpet to tile work you were screwed.
And I hope they have come down in price a bit as well.
It's an Excellent idea.

Art has a good point, I don't think the valve would detect a pinhole leak, but going from 012 flow to 024 would pop it in a heartbeat.

Butlers comes the same as all other modern truckmounts, Goodyear Ineptune.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
high heat, I fried my hydroforce the other night

turned up the heat to clean a greasy restaurant, had some good steam coming from the wand jets when cleaning

hooked up the hydro force, it melted something inside because it don't work now

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Richard:

Sorry to hear about your burn, ole buddy. What's say we have lunch together soon? Keep in touch if you get something my way, and I'll do the same...

Thx,
Dale

RichardnTn

Hey Dale, Hadn't heard from you in a long time...I would definitely like to get together and "chew the fat." Hope all is going well......Thanks Richard

Back
Top Bottom