The hot new marketing in my area

Mark

Three local cleaners here are plastering there names all over every phone pole and tree they can stop there van at. I was just wandering if this was happening anywhere else? Personally I think it puts off a terrible image for our industry.

Rex Tyus

You could get one up on them if you went to the nicest neighborhood in your area and stapled your flyer to the front door.

Mark

When I say putting there name up I mean on a piece of plywood or cardboard with a sharpie one of them actually uses some nicely made signs though.

danpauselius

I used them in my last business ... they were very effective and made me a ton of money. I don't think I'd want to do that in this industry though, those signs definitely attract a certain type of clientele.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am a highway exit sign guy and not ashamed to say it. My signs are the catalysts to a huge business. here is a pic
Picture498.jpg

Make fun if you want but like a customer of mine today when asked "why did you choose my company" :" I see it everywhere"

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
should piggy back this post with the people whining how slow it is

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Do you get permits to post those things everywhere or what?

I know the city I live in are pricks about that sort of thing. A couple of years ago we had a dog get lost and my wife posted lost dog signs and the city threatened us with, if I remember right, a $500 fine if we didn't have them down by the next morning.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so take them down. I don't get a permit most are posed inside businesses and I have one at the off ramps of the highway

PARAMOUNT

I'm starting to do this as well, major off ramps with lots of traffic and long red lights. i placed approx. 15 throughout my area, but only received 6 calls with 4 actual cleans. i started this last week and it took me less than 2 hours to do it. it was easy to make them, cheap plywood and paper sign 15x15, at local printing shop and this was stapled to plywood. its simple try it

SIMPLICITY IS HERE TO STAY!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you must be one fat bastard, BTW saved my ass this week in the cold. Thank you for doing what JD couldn't

Scott

Paramount, have you tried the best marketing plan that's come around in a long time? Odin's "Will Clean for Food and Booze" sandwichboard.

Scott

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Don't worry about them.

When I was in Vegas, I seen all these cards on the poles, so I brought a few back to my room.

After ringing around, all promised better suck than anyone else in town, so I picked one.

What a W.O.F.T.A.M.

This "lady" turned up, dolled up to the eyeballs, and she didn't even have a vacuum cleaner with her.

Now I may be a bit slow at times, but I think I know a gold digger when I see one.

She didn't even look at the carpet and was giving me prices of the top of her head for "full service" and other things I have since forgotten.

To top it off, as I was trying to push her out of the door, she started dropping her prices.

I've met her low-ball price type before, and told her I preferred quality over cheap price.

She even told me that I didn't know what I was missing out on, but fair suck of the sav; how the hell can someone in high heels and a mini mini skirt expect to clean a carpet properly ??

Becker

Name
Becker
Nothing new around here.

Most of them are $99 any home.. Or $150 any home.

I like the guy that duck taped his signs to his work van.

Sides, back.

Classy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom