The Invoices you are using....

breathe72

On residential jobs...

What type of invoice works for you?

We use a 2-part white copy / yellow copy.

I think the template came from my old company.

But filling these out at the home is something we all have to do every day.

Sometimes several times a day.

And depending on the job, an invoice can get quite detailed.

We pre-fill out the invoices in the morning.

Saves a few min. at each stop.

I'd like to see what works for other cleaners out there...........

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Our order entry system populates all the customer info as well as what they have been quoted over the phone. Our crews fill out their info (name & commission id), plus update what we are doing if different or added to and also put the amounts for each service type in the appropriate place and total the work order.

Ken

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have a laptop and porty printer. Print a nice clean copy out for them on site, and my paper work is pretty much done. Just have to click on Invoice and enter the payment. I keep no paper records, just lots of backups.

G

Ours are numbered and triplicate white copy / yellow copy / pink.

We have a disclaimer- 'Fully Cleansed will move furniture agreed upon at the risk of the house holder. Fully Cleansed is not responsible for benzoil peroxide or dye releasing candies in the carpet.'

I fill them out in detail like you do.

I have them sign before I start which authorizes me to do the work- 'I authorize Fully Cleansed to begin the above described work', then I have them sign again when I'm done- 'I hereby acknowledge the satisfactory completion of the above described work'

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we use the duplicate W/O

Workorders.jpg

Tia gets the blanks at Office Max and made the template on the computer...

every day when I come home I have the next days sitting on my desk ready for me to look over and map out.....

Client knows what to expect ..I know what to expect everything runs like clock work.....

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
nice,

i also carry a laptop and a portable printer in my vehicle. my computer does all the work for me. i also use my laptop to make presentations to customers and other important people. best thing i have ever bought. i carry a library of pictures of things i have done, i take pics of everything. saves me once in a while. customer once told me i put the furniture back in the wrong order (big wooo whoo) showed the pics. problem fixed. once had customer tell me i tore the carpet, i showed before pics with her standing there and the date and time stamp, problem solved and fraud prevented. got apology and a tip.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Here is one I made a while ago for a board member. I hope they don't mind me sharing it.

Invoice.jpg

breathe72

Thanks people.

Ours is pretty generic, nothing special.

For those of you who use a laptop/printer on-site,
is there ever any issues with keeping it on the truck,
worrying about accidental damage, etc??

I know there are alot of commercial jobs in which
I'd like to just print out the invoice RIGHT THERE.

That way we can hand it to them in person and not have
to wonder where our money is 45 days later when they
act confused.....

What laptop/printer combo is good on the road then?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I keep mine in a laptop backpack. Less conspicuous. I rarely have it out inside the van, just for inside the house.

Any good laptop will do. I have the HP Deskjet 450. Its been changed lately, has bluetooth and wifi connection now, and its at least $100 less than what I paid for mine. Mine takes the bigger ink cartridges so I'll hang on to mine as long as I can. I get 1 yr out of the ink.

Canon has a nice printer as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom