The new IPS Sprayer .

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
No one answered Lee’s question....for I was curious also

My quess is it is 12volt . I don’t see them also redesigning motor,variable trigger for 18V?

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Honestly I dont know why guys get so excited over these electric sprayers... hydro force for carpet obviously is the best choice imo

Spend $200 on a really nice pump up, like the ones they use for concrete sealers... a few pumps and its charged and practically sprays the whole tank.

we use trigger sprayers for doing smaller hard surface or shower, also for pre treating upholstery. I dont really see how you ever need an IPS

Reactions: icleancarpetz

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gezz whut tards.

Here do this and forgetaboutit! :winky:

Spray1 by MultiSprayer.

2015-10-09_11-57-47_741.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

steve_64

Gezz whut tards.

Here do this and forgetaboutit! :winky:

Spray1 by MultiSprayer.

View attachment 78405
Just got one haven't used it yet but it will probably be for upholstery and protector. I'll probably try a different jet on it too it doesn't out much down. Too many of my jobs require 3 gallons of prespray and I like the pressure of the hydroforce and speed of laying it down.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just got one haven't used it yet but it will probably be for upholstery and protector. I'll probably try a different jet on it too it doesn't out much down. Too many of my jobs require 3 gallons of prespray and I like the pressure of the hydroforce and speed of laying it down.
Risky business, upholstery isn't carpet. Carpet is dense and has a lot surface to cover. An injection sprayer is needed, not so with upholstery. It's flat, doesn't need much in comparison.

Plus using the same chems for carpet (higher ph, wetting agents) has the potential for problems. One day all those aggressive chems on upholstery could bite you.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I’ve taken to using a hand spray bottle to apply something like Avenge upholstery spray, to control overspraying. Then I use a soft brush to agitate, then check MB while it dwells a few minutes. Then flush.

Also, I have a folding card table for doing cushions, because my back pains me as much as most of these threads.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
The IPS type sprayer has become a major part of my arsenal for spraying. I have 100% committed to never use the P.O.S inconsistent HYDROFORCE type sprayer ever again. It's been a long road incorporating all my spraying set-ups but my ability to choose the best chemistry for the fiber type that I am dealing with has been amazing.

In Las Vegas I had the pleasure of working with Jim Pemberton cleaning the upholstery using the new IPS sprayer. Jim and I were excited to use it for upholstery pre-treatment as it has a 40 psi setting, but it needed a smaller tip like say a 6501. It seemed to me that at the present it is the best thing available? I was ready to buy...

My only BEEF isn't how well Francois and Mikey are getting a long. My beef is the fact that Francois wants to clear out all of his old inventory of "CRAP battery" sprayers before releasing the corrected version, not cool, very frustrating to wait. I feel sorry for anyone suckered into buying crap right before the new release.

Reactions: Nomad74 and Mikey P

steve_64

Risky business, upholstery isn't carpet. Carpet is dense and has a lot surface to cover. An injection sprayer is needed, not so with upholstery. It's flat, doesn't need much in comparison.

Plus using the same chems for carpet (higher ph, wetting agents) has the potential for problems. One day all those aggressive chems on upholstery could bite you.
Yep I meant the hydroforce is for the nasty carpet jobs and the other sprayer will be for upholstery and protector. I was hoping and may still try the plug in sprayer for prespray on lighter jobs just not sure till I get them in the feild.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I dont know what electrostatic sprayer you've got, but all I've looked at I wouldnt run detergent through for everyday use for the cost

I found a Hurricane ES and while it isn't as swanky as the $6000 units, it isn't $6000.
So far, it does make a nice added service, as I can fog with good old Saiger's Cide and it absolutely stops household smells for days. It is an easy $50 extra, taking about 15 minutes extra time. Here is a video:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I found a Hurricane ES and while it isn't as swanky as the $6000 units, it isn't $6000.
So far, it does make a nice added service, as I can fog with good old Saiger's Cide and it absolutely stops household smells for days. It is an easy $50 extra, taking about 15 minutes extra time. Here is a video:

Thanks, I've got 2 basic hurricanes I didn't know they made a ES

Reactions: Old Coastie

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
My only BEEF isn't how well Francois and Mikey are getting a long. My beef is the fact that Francois wants to clear out all of his old inventory of "CRAP battery" sprayers before releasing the corrected version, not cool, very frustrating to wait. I feel sorry for anyone suckered into buying crap right before the new release.

With that type of customer service for past present and future customers, why would anyone spend a nickel with this guy. So you buy new batteries to replace the old or buy old style sprayer from this guy, either way your stuck with grappy battery that will fail meanwhile he wants to unload bad stock on customers. And when you have a problem with the product, YOU the End User is the cause of the product failing.
That’s excellent business for him bad for the customer.

Imagine buying the new sprayer and something goes wrong with it. IPS will behave in the same fashion?

AGAIN, I would not spend a nickel on new or old IPS SPRAYER NEITHER DIRECTLY OR though a DISTRIBUTOR. EVER!
Be warned.

Last edited:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've been trying one since ICE and sending feedback to Francois. Overall, its never quit. I only use it for uph and protectant and other topicals. Only charged the batteries once. Its also got a fixed spray-on feature that he just showed me the other day. Click the trigger, spray on, click it again, spray off. The only tweak I could think of was to shorten the trigger so I can grip it with more than just my thump.

It is a little top heavy but I've had worse feeling tools. The smaller QCs use a Tjet so they don't really need to be changed, just change the jet.
The variable volume control works nicely for when you don't want to apply a lot of spray.
I didn't even see the charge indicator on the back of the battery. There are lights on the top which I figured showed the charge.

I've spent $400US on a Omnipro and had all kinds of issues with it, battery dying, electrical issues, pump leaking (that was the worst) and HEAVY !!! You can have your pumpups. Good ones cost upwards to $100. Worth it but pumping sucks. But I'll take either IPS or the Gecko. Any parts I've needed I've been able to get or if it broke I fixed it. No different than anything else I've bought.
$269 ? How much is a typical battery sprayer? $400 still.
If this hadn't come along I would have built my own powered sprayer cause all the ones I see on the market just don't fit the bill.

The Worx that everyone talks about would be great for floors but with the length it would be a pain for uph. And even it doesn't stand up to solvents from what I've heard.
Just another thought. The best wand on the market is $2000. Yet this sprayer is only $269 and guys balk at it. Such a fickle bunch.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom