The owner operator website

Walt

As I looked at some owner operator websites, the first thing that dawned on me was how great many looked. The second thing that dawned on me was they looked very, very similar and very corporate. Many of them seemed to be copies of the SS website or variations there of. The ad copy reads like, "We at so and so cleaning do our utmost to provide..." and it's a website for an owner operator.

Which leads to this question, why would we copy corporate website design and copy when we are trying to separate ourselves from them. Wouldn't it make more sense to use the personal approach. Wouldn't personal pictures and personal copy be more appropriate? - Such as, "Hi, may name is so and so and I do my utmost to provide..." Wouldn't that be a better representation of who we really are, nice family guys doing a great job cleaning carpet at fair prices?

Personally, when I wrote the copy on my website it was very corporate sounding and looking (I think). Since then, I've added a few personal touches, but I've been considering going further and rewriting everything in the first person. The truth is, I am an owner operator and have no intentions of being anything else (for now). Shouldn't I put that out there?

What are your thoughts?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's a conundrum.

Are you losing customers because you are not a big company....are you losing customers because you LOOK like you ARE a big company?

Hard to find that happy medium of we are just a quality company that you can trust.

I want the best of both worlds so I try to look big with a personal touch.

Ken Snow says he likes "I" and not "we".....I think he was the one who said that. I just give him credit for everything. shiteatinggrin

I agree with him although I fall short on the execution part.

To answer your question. If you want to let people know the exact structure of your business then YES put it out there.

Just know that you will turn off some people because they want the "safety" of a bigger company sometimes.....sometimes.

Like I said, I try to find the happy medium to catch ALL the customers.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom