The return of Duane Oxley

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I like how easy he makes it to change a pump belt and coupler on his machine. I always wondered how loud his machines are with the 2 mufflers.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Is that the same guy that made accelerated truck mounts? I always thought those were some pretty cool looking machines

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Is that the same guy that made accelerated truck mounts? I always thought those were some pretty cool looking machines

Yeah....until you put down thousands of dollars and get nothing...but promises for weeks....and then the weeks turn into MONTHS. And you seriously have to keep calling, pushing, pressing and maybe you get lucky.

Always feels like the next customer is bankrolling the previous customer's built. No thanks.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah....until you put down thousands of dollars and get nothing...but promises for weeks....and then the weeks turn into MONTHS. And you seriously have to keep calling, pushing, pressing and maybe you get lucky.

Always feels like the next customer is bankrolling the previous customer's built. No thanks.
oooooh! I didn't mean to bring that up Zee. Sorry Bro. If it makes you feel any better, I got burned on a truck mount also. Just in a different way

Reactions: Nomad74 and SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator

Did you get your deposit back?

DO recently settled up on a long time debt to me.

It appears this Reel biz is doing very well.

RA is shilling them big time so only a matter of time before their relationship goes bad and Rob declares them to be riddled with rust issues and not safe to run around pregnant women.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He has a triangle setup on the site attributed to him.

Looks like a space savings setup but I question how practical it is in real use. I personally have never liked the vac hose on top of the solution hose. This adds a third hose, the garden hose.

It may work well, alibi I have never used one like it. However it appears tight.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It is but it "might" be a cluster fook. ???

I've tried to save or make space on some of the setups I've done. Only to find later when I used the unit myself, that it was awkward.

I could be very wrong or maybe its just my personal preference but I would not do it that way.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Did you get your deposit back?

DO recently settled up on a long time debt to me.

It appears this Reel biz is doing very well.

RA is shilling them big time so only a matter of time before their relationship goes bad and Rob declares them to be riddled with rust issues and not safe to run around pregnant women.

Eventually things were delivered... But not as they were supposed to. Certain specifics were not what was supposed to be built. Anyways I can tell you on the phone more if you want... don't wana do it here. But as a caution to others it's not all that great dealing with Oxley.

Name
Nate W.
I still think roof mounted vac hose reels are the real space savers for more floor space... With the taller vans, I'd go taller and more narrow for a vac reel...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks for sharing. Again sorry it happen to you.

The reel I wanted is $900.00, a rokan is 1/3 of that. His build looks much better but I don't need hassles. This business is tough enough when everything is going right.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Even the largest manufacturers, distributors hit delays and backorders....
There is a reason i have always told people to buy truckmounts on an assembly line... Perhaps it was a finaicial delay, or a delay in parts for a suppliers. Who knows.... What matters is that the man attempted to make it right...
But that was years ago and a different business. I've personally watched these hose reels being built in his shop and it's all high quality material , craftmanship, and superior packaging. While i have no use for his reels, I will tell you that they are worth a second look and worth the money. Comparing to rokan? I can buy a chinese wand for $99 or I can buy one for $1k that make my job 10x easier....
Just my 2 cents

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It is but it "might" be a cluster fook. ???

I've tried to save or make space on some of the setups I've done. Only to find later when I used the unit myself, that it was awkward.

I could be very wrong or maybe its just my personal preference but I would not do it that way.

Didn't you hear Mike????!

RA Likes it nuff said.

I personally like the hanging from the roof of your van reel.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Even the largest manufacturers, distributors hit delays and backorders....
There is a reason i have always told people to buy truckmounts on an assembly line... Perhaps it was a finaicial delay, or a delay in parts for a suppliers. Who knows.... What matters is that the man attempted to make it right...
But that was years ago and a different business. I've personally watched these hose reels being built in his shop and it's all high quality material , craftmanship, and superior packaging. While i have no use for his reels, I will tell you that they are worth a second look and worth the money. Comparing to rokan? I can buy a chinese wand for $99 or I can buy one for $1k that make my job 10x easier....
Just my 2 cents

You use a wand???? See like I said suck it Cole!

:eekk::dejection::hopeless:

Because a wand attached to a machine will suck.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Thanks, Mike, Porky, Greg, et al.

"Zee" (Jimmy)... You seem to have made it your mission to comment as negatively as possible, whenever Accelerated or my name comes up. I get that you and I had some rough interactions years ago. And I did "go off" on you one day while we were on the phone in a way that was in the heat of the moment (and atypical for me, BTW) in a way that really was overkill and, in truth, inappropriate. So I "get" the negativity.

For the record, the background on that particular deal is that it was for a design that I agreed to do. And in retrospect, deals like that always seem to take longer than expected. There are a couple of reasons:

1.) I'm not as good at knowing how long a design project I undertake will last as I'd like to be. (To me, the design process is very introspective and not as predictable as I'd like, time- wise).

2.) The AutoCAD process that follows is done by a friend who moves at his own pace.

3.) There is the fabrication process that follows, that fabricators simply don't like to do as a "one-sey", so they move slowly, too.​

This has caused frustration more times than I even want to think about. And it's one reason that I basically do not do design work that's not my own now. I just don't want to go down that road of not feeling like I can take whatever time it needs to do it right. Trying to answer "How much longer?" questions when we're already late and I try to essentially "predict" when that will be, just adds to the frustration for everybody involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Valentine

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Regarding making truck mounts...

"No.", we do not manufacture truck mounts. I burned out on doing them years ago, actually, even though we had some great designs, especially at the last.

When the ideas for hose reels started coming to me, the ideas for truck mounts, stopped. Maybe they just ran a certain course that simply ran out. Can't say for sure. But whatever it was, the inspiration of new designs simply doesn't resonate with me now. And I have no idea, plan, etc., to re-visit it somewhere down the road.

Hose reels, on the other hand, excite me in a way that I can't seem to exhaust. And I like that. So hose reels it is.

Yes, Interlink carries our reels now. So has Jon Don on an evaluation basis for a few months now. And a few independent distributors. This will include TCS, as of the first order they're getting ready for us as I write this, which goes to show how serious I am about NOT doing truck mounts.

RA, by the way, now has 3 trucks with the Triangle Reel kit in them. (One is a Single Capacity, one is a Dual Capacity and the last is the "Dually" Dual- Drive / Dual Capacity shown at the Experience in Atlanta) It's one of our most popular kits. NOBODY who has one doesn't like it. But it's not for everybody, mainly because to use the Low Profile Supply Reels that are part of it, they have to be connected "live" (so we make sure that everyone who buys them knows before they buy) and some people simply don't like live reels.

Hose reels are what we do now. But there is more coming. The ideas for the hose reels all have come from the core concept of saving space in van interiors. And I have a LOT of ideas related to that that aren't "hose reels".

But we have to be sure that everything, hose- reel- wise is running as smoothly as possible, before the new ideas are brought into existence.

Thanks for taking your time to read the above.

http://reelinnovations.us

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom