The Tile and Grout Video you've been waiting for!!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
yes it is cobbs ultra seal solvent sealer.

jim martins seal pro would use less sealer compared to the method shown above.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The new rubbermaid mops around here now come similar to the swiffer style mops, so you can add your sealer inside and mop it in w/out needing to spray. I still spray the sealer down, but have it used just w/ the mop itself and has worked pretty well.

I've also used the grout stick wand (blue) works too, but the way Mikey does it w/ the multisprayer plus mop is so much faster especially when you have a million grout lines going every direction.

Mikey P

Administrator
thats because the grout was not dirty in the first place...this was a warranty job where the 95 year old home owner could not keep the TILE clean.

Name
Marcus
That beats the crap out of me crawling around on the floor with one of those wheel things, looks great!

The Clean Machine
I have used the blue plastic roller bat for years...looks like a whiffle ball batt.
It is a little short but you concentrate on the grout line, standing up for a one step operation...maybe just wipe up a few drops hear and there with a towel.
Once you get used to it you can do a room in 5-10 minutes.no wasted sealer!!
Does anyone else use this blue bat roller.?
It is a game changer for me.
I wouldn't seal it if I had to get on my knees

Name
Marcus
It would seem the largest amount of product used is sealing the tile not the grout. So does the sealer benefit the tile too or is that just the easiest way to seal the grout?

How much would you save in product if you only sealed the grout?
I like cobs sealer used it for a few years, but the blue whiffle ball bat roller is the way to go.
No wasted sealer or kneeling and a one step 5-10 minute per room operation..

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I have used the blue plastic roller bat for years...looks like a whiffle ball batt.
It is a little short but you concentrate on the grout line, standing up for a one step operation...maybe just wipe up a few drops hear and there with a towel.
Once you get used to it you can do a room in 5-10 minutes.no wasted sealer!!
Does anyone else use this blue bat roller.?
It is a game changer for me.
I wouldn't seal it if I had to get on my knees

If you're using the little blue wiffle bat to seal grout lines then you should definitely switch to Jim Martin's new tool which will make it even easier and you'll get better coverage and a proper seal with it.
The little wiffle bat really comes out blotchy/ spotty at best we have found

Reactions: Art Kelley
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Good to see someone else with a similar if not same proceedure. I use an 01 tip; it's just so dam easy on a porous floor.

Hey Larry Cobb, did you start out applying your solvent product with an 01 tip and switch to a 02 or just always use an 02? And, before I order/try your stuff I'd like to know how flammable it might be. Will a soaked Q-tip light like a candle wick? Stuff I've used for years does light.

And Mike, this Dry Treat product you're signed up to apply, was it worth the effort to become an authorized applicator?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Good to see someone else with a similar if not same procedure. I use an 01 tip; it's just so dam easy on a porous floor.

Hey Larry Cobb, did you start out applying your solvent product with an 01 tip and switch to a 02 or just always use an 02? And, before I order/try your stuff I'd like to know how flammable it might be. Will a soaked Q-tip light like a candle wick? Stuff I've used for years does light.

Ultraseal Impregnator is blended to be nonflammable for safety.

MikeS

I'd love to see a video on color seal, especially 1inch tile

Here you go -

Worst case, about 200 sq ft/hr around toilets & under partitions. Open area, at least 500 sq ft/hr. Material cost under 10 cents/sq ft. Average selling price (after cleaning) about$1/ sq ft. On a maintenance contract, mop with mild alkaline, spin it at low pressure & temp. Touch up around urinals or high lines in a couple minutes by mixing up a shot glass full of original color from core colors on truck.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom