The Transition from a Vortex to the Everest..

Mikey P

Administrator
Sitting here at ILS Vegas, thinking about what my guys are going to have to adapt to next week..

• Single wanding carpet..
Not strangers to it, in fact our kajillionaire acounts get singled almost always. The other guy is too busy doing everything BUT wanding, so with a bit of practice i think theyll be fine, and possibly doing more up selling. Assuming rhey dont use free time to tweet.

• Running a slide in..
Could be a big deal for a while, I doubt any of them have ever mowed a lawn.
A few more buttons, levers and dials than the V.
Exhaust...
Smaller tanks..

But plenty of performance I'm guessing.

• The dreaded Truckmount break in period without me around..
Leaks, mystery noises, loose fittings and all the fun stuff that shows up in the 1st month that I won't be around to find and diagnose..

I'm most worried about this to be honest.

• The Transit.
Will it prove to be easier or harder to drive around crowded Santa Cruz with?
Thst roof and the blind spots are whoppers.

It does have a back up cam though, unlike the V.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hang extra hoses and carry a second wand (and upholstery tool) for those jobs where they HAVE to knock it out. The Everest can easily run dual.

I seriously doubt the will have any trouble running it but yes, its different from what they are used to. Smaller tanks I think will be the only complaint from them. Make sure they have a Garden hose feed line, a auto pumpout?

Problems shouldn't be an issue.

Transit might catch more wind and get pushed a little more on a windy day. Other than that I think it should be more nimble that what they were driving.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Three feet shorter though
How much narrower? A taller van, shorter wheelbase, and narrower it will drive different. It will take some getting used to in high wind. You can expect them to complain about the small water tank espcially if they are using high flow tools. Is that 3/4 or 1 ton suspension? 3/4 ton will have some body roll that they probably didn't have with the vortex in particular when making right hand turn. The machine and water tank are weighted on the right.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Do you still have the Vortex? Just use the new toy yourself for the first month, and give it to them after the break in.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Unless they flunked circus monkey skool, they'll have no trouble running a slide-in

biggest change for them will be two things;
getting familiar with different floor plan layout/tool/chem storage
(not a biggie)

and the biggie...that huge hot sumbitch 10 inches behind their neck they've never dealt with before when traveling between jobs

..L.T.A.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I actually think it will be fine, yes would a 100 or even 120 gallon been nice but 65 will Work as well.

Adding maybe 10-20 minutes a day at most.

Also consider they will also have to dump more than they are used to, again jut a small adjustment that will happen.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Uh, he moved to Nevada and left them alone, I’m sure they’ve got this. Crap, he prolly don’t even have to sign papers.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Did you get a shut off fill valve in the fresh tank??

Welder blanket on curtain rod behind front seats will help with TM heat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom